Qld Local Government Industry Award - Level 1up to $26.48 per hour Various
- Must be available to work 3-5 days per week (Monday to Friday) during university semesters 1 and 2 and full time outside of those semesters and during the university semester breaks.
- You will indicate throughout the application process if your preference is to work 3, 4 or 5 days/week during semester.
- Must be currently enrolled in university to apply.
- Previous applicants for University Student vacancy pools are encouraged to apply if still interested to be considered. This new vacancy pool is being created to ensure a current snapshot of interested applicants is being reviewed as new opportunities arise.
Would you like a job working alongside experienced professionals within Australia's third largest council?
Are you interested in receiving training from an industry leader in a fast paced environment, whilst gaining experience in a practical position within your own community?
Sound like you? You could find yourself working in an organisation in which your initiative and willingness to have a go will see you gain valuable skills which will complement the theory you're learning at university. Ultimately setting you apart from the field!
We require friendly, reliable and motivated people to work within our business which provides a range of services to more than 1700 staff and over 425,000 residents.
We are looking for an energetic, positive addition to our team and the role may consist of part time or full time work, dependent upon your study needs. Areas of interest include:
• Environmental Planning & Compliance
• Strategic, Urban and Regional Planning
• Human Resources
• Landscape Architecture
• Financial Services
• Waterways and Coastal Planning
• Survey Services
• Graphic Design
• Events & Tourism
• Geographical Information Systems
• Communications & Marketing
• Information & Communication Technology
• Library Services
• Web & Intranet Services
• Community Facilities & Property Management
• Sport & Recreation
• Development Services
• Waste Services
• Fleet Operations
• Engineering, Construction & Maintenance
• Community Services, Arts & Heritage
• Customer Service Call Centre
Benefits of Working for Local Government
Council offers excellent working conditions, generous employer funded superannuation benefits (up to 12%) in addition to paid annual leave.
You may be required to work from any location in the region. Council currently has administration offices located at Caboolture, Strathpine and Redcliffe as well as depots, libraries and a range of other facilities located throughout the region.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
To obtain further details please contact council's Customer Service Team, telephone (07) 3205 0555.