The Moreton Bay Region is a diverse area, spanning more than 2000 square kilometres and boasting everything from rural townships to urban centres, coastal villages and thriving business precincts – We've Got It All.
Moreton Bay Regional Council employs more than 1700 staff dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 470,000 residents. With your skills, join council's team and help make a difference to one of South-East Queensland's fastest growing urban areas.
About the Opportunity:
Be a part of the new direction for economic development of the Moreton Bay Region and drive a Bigger, Bolder, Brighter future for the local residents over the next 20 years. As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing, Moreton Bay Region boasts a regional economy of $17 billion with our strategy set to grow this to $40 billion by 2041, with 16,000 new businesses and 100,000 new jobs.
Reporting to the Chief Economic Development Officer our Head of Industry Advancement (internally known as Manager Industry Advancement) will provide leadership in the delivery of Council’s economic development agenda, leading the delivery program for industry advancement as outlined in the Regional Economic Development Strategy (REDS).
As Head of Industry Advancement, you will lead the achievement of plans, goals and projects with an emphasis on service delivery and productivity aligned with REDS and its four priority industries and pillars. Monitor, report, and review human, physical and financial resources.
You’ll work with your newly created team to promote the delivery of priority industries and region-shaping projects, whilst developing and maintaining strong partnerships across an extensive network of contacts including political, government and non-government organisations. You’ll also:
- Provide advice and options to Council on planning for and enhancing the region’s participation in digital economy and enhancement of the ‘knowledge and innovation’ ecosystem
- Analyse best practice frameworks for supply-chain development across the region and support the team members as they develop and roll-out actions with key business and industry stakeholders across and outside the region
You’ll possess an innate ability to formulate, analyse and strategise, derived from your experience in a complex, multidisciplinary environment within a government context. These skills will be balanced with your superior interpersonal skills in leadership, coordination, negotiation, teamwork and consultation.
In addition, you will bring:
- Substantial experience in policy, program and strategy development, implementation and management, including the including the ability to formulate, analyse and complete due diligence on business and industry project proposals by applying business principles, financial analysis and assessment of risk
- Demonstrated leadership capability to build and maintain strong partnerships, including achievement in developing and maintaining an extensive network of contacts across a range of political, government and non-government organisations
Please note, occasional interstate travel and work outside normal hours will be required.
Term: Up to 4 years
Package: Salary from $169,000 (negotiable) per annum total package including super and benefits
- Generous employer funded superannuation benefits (up to 12%)
- Five weeks paid annual leave per year
- Council’s office locations have local parking on-site and are in close proximity to public transport networks
Please note that whilst the current work location for this position is specified above, staff may be required to transfer to any of council's work locations with notice. Council currently has administration offices located at Caboolture, Strathpine and Redcliffe as well as depots, libraries and a range of other facilities located throughout the region.
How To Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload a copy of your current resume and a cover letter (maximum 1 page).
Click here to view Role Description
To review our Draft Regional Economic Development Strategy visit: https://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/Services/Projects/Regional-Economic-Development-Strategy
To obtain further details please contact council's Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org