As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1800 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
This role sits within our Customer Response Department which is made up of the Local Laws, Public Health and Customer Services streams. Customer Response provides front line service delivery and aims to provide a high standard of positive and proactive service experiences.
About our opportunity
We have an opportunity available for a Parking Patrol Officer to join our proactive Parking Patrol team at Moreton Bay Regional Council.
In this role, you will be an authorised officer responsible for undertaking a variety of duties within our region to educate and enforce parking compliance in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures. This includes but is not limited to:
- undertaking parking compliance patrols on public streets and within designated carparks;
- issuing penalty infringement notices for non-compliance with parking regulations
- maintaining a customer service focused approach;
- proactively identifying parking issues and providing feedback regarding improvement opportunities; and
- educating the community about their responsibilities in relation to road safety and parking within the region.
We are looking to leverage your experience in a regulatory role, interpreting legislation and achieving compliance in a highly organised and efficient manner.
You will be seeking an opportunity to harness and develop your customer service skills and be committed to working within our communities to educate and enforce compliance. Your effective communication skills will be paramount to the successful delivery of your duties, dealing with conflict and ensuring compliance is achieved and professionalism is maintained.
You will be dedicated to safety and apply safe work practices, complying with all procedures and policies when undertaking your duties. As essential elements of the role, the ability to work autonomously with an exceptional work ethic and manage a busy workload will be required, along with your ability to undertake a range of administration tasks using our online tools, technology and software.
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream B) - Level 5, Schedule 4 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Location: Caboolture Office
- 58,707pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading + allowances
- 9 day fortnight
Applicants will be required to undergo a physical and hearing assessment with an independent professional nominated by MBRC as part of the recruitment process for this role as well as a National Police History Check.
This position requires the successful applicant to be available to work any 5 out of 7 days as part of the ordinary hours.
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Our Caboolture office is in close proximity to public transport networks.
Click here for a copy of the Parking Patrol Officer position description
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.