As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1900 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
This role sits within our Environmental Services department that supports Council and the community to create a healthy, protected and integrated natural environment which people value, engage with and enjoy. This is achieved through the delivery of environmental programs and projects targeted at conservation of the natural environment and protection and enhancement of environmental values.
The department has three management areas - Environment and Conservation; Pest Management and Environmental Centres and Projects, supported by a Business Support unit.
About our opportunity
We’re seeking an experienced leader to oversee a dynamic team of officers that manage the region’s pest animal, biosecurity, pest plant and vector programs. You will also provide contemporary and practical responses to complex environmental issues, including working in collaboration with Government agencies and the community to deliver positive environmental outcomes.
This could involve any of the following tasks and duties on a regular basis:
- Planning and delivering programs, projects and initiatives related to pest management and biosecurity (such as our mosquito program and biosecurity plan);
- Interpreting, applying and advising on legislative requirements;
- Responding to issues that impact the community’s amenity and the regions aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems;
- Applying risk management principles and practices;
- Submitting reports to the Queensland Government;
- Managing the pest management budget;
- Adhering to workforce management activities to develop capabilities and deliver high team performance; and
- Liaising with landowners, multiple community groups and government agencies to ensure technological advancements are optimised and environmental outcomes are achieved.
We are looking for a strong and capable leader with experience and knowledge managing teams and delivering programs within pest management.
You will have an engaging and natural ability to build relationships, demonstrate a high calibre of written and oral communication skills and a tenacious spirit for quality customer service and achieving positive environmental outcomes.
With a tertiary qualification in Science or Environmental Science (or substantial experience in lieu), you will be well versed in the delivery and consultation of a diverse and complex range of environmental projects and programs.
If you are ready for your next environmental career challenge and want to make a real difference with our communities, this is the exact opportunity you do not want to miss. Apply now!
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 8 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
- $110,383 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- 10 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Our Caboolture office is in close proximity to public transport networks.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Please Click here for Role Description
To obtain further details please contact our Onboarding Team firstname.lastname@example.org