- Applicants will be required to undergo a physical and hearing assessment with an independent professional nominated by MBRC as part of the recruitment process for this role as well as a National Police History Check.
- You will be required to participate in an after-hours call out roster as required, with the ability to work flexible working hours as required.
- The appointed wage level will be dependent upon the successful candidates level of experience, skills and qualifications.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is Australia's third largest local government, conveniently located between the Brisbane CBD and the Sunshine Coast.
The Moreton Bay Region is a diverse area, spanning more than 2000 square kilometres and boasting everything from rural townships to urban centres, coastal villages and thriving business precincts – We've Got It All.
Moreton Bay Regional Council employs more than 1700 staff dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 425,000 residents. With your skills, join council's team and help make a difference to one of South-East Queensland's fastest growing urban areas.
Your responsibilities will include carrying out preventative and corrective maintenance including mandatory annual safety inspections and Certificates of Inspection (COI) (where applicable) to Council’s fleet, plant and small equipment assets as required. You will conduct regular onsite repair, servicing and provide guidance and assistance to apprentices as required.
To be successful in this role you will hold a recognised trade certificate as a heavy vehicle motor mechanic/diesel fitter, HR class driver’s licence, and experience in maintaining and repairing vehicles and mobile plant. You must hold or be willing to obtain at own cost within 12 months of commencement, a Queensland recognised Road Worthy Examiners Licence for Heavy Commercial up to 16t GVM, Light Commercial and Passenger and Heavy / Light Trailers.
This role with Council offers excellent working conditions, generous employer funded superannuation benefits (up to 12%) and a 9 day fortnight in addition to four weeks paid annual leave per year. Council’s work locations have local parking.
Please note that whilst the current work location for this position is specified above, staff may be required to transfer to any of council's work locations with notice. Council currently has depots located at Arana Hills, Bribie Island, Burpengary, Dayboro, Deception Bay, Caboolture, Margate, Petrie, Samford, Woodford and a range of other facilities located throughout the region.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Click here for Role Description
To obtain further details please contact council's Customer Service Team, telephone (07) 3205 0555.