The Moreton Bay Region is a diverse area, spanning more than 2000 square kilometres and boasting everything from rural townships to urban centres, coastal villages and thriving business precincts – We've Got It All.
Moreton Bay Regional Council employs more than 1700 staff dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 470,000 residents. With your skills, join council's team and help make a difference to one of South-East Queensland's fastest growing urban areas.
About the Opportunity:
Be a part of the new direction for economic development of the Moreton Bay Region and drive a Bigger, Bolder, Brighter future for the local residents over the next 20 years. As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing, Moreton Bay Region boasts a regional economy of $17 billion with our strategy set to grow this to $40 billion by 2041, with 16,000 new businesses and 100,000 new jobs.
Reporting to the Chief Economic Development Officer, the Head of Trade and Investment (internally known as Manager Trade and Investment) will provide leadership in the delivery of Council’s economic development priorities with a trade and investment focus by developing, promoting and enhancing the region’s business identity and reputation across our four priority industries.
You will work closely with your newly created team to lead the delivery of the trade and investment work program, and the strategic development of innovative plans, programs and actions to diversify the regional economy and facilitate the delivery of Council’s Regional Economic Development Strategy (REDS). You’ll also:
- Negotiate contracts with potential investment projects aligned to Council’s investment attraction framework and Council policies
- Develop in partnership, a comprehensive framework and associated programs and tools to encourage and attract commercial investment into the region.
Bringing previous demonstrated leadership experience and capability, you will be able to build and maintain strong partnerships and professional networks across a range of political, government and non-government organisations. Your superior interpersonal skills will enable you to effectively negotiate and consult successfully with stakeholders both internally and externally. You will be highly analytical, with the ability to think creatively and problem solve within a complex, multidisciplinary government environment.
In additional, you will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to the position (such as finance, business, commerce or marketing) and/or extensive operational experience in a similar role, ideally with experience or understanding of government
- Substantial experience in policy, program and strategy development, implementation and management, including the ability to formulate, analyse and complete due diligence on business and industry project proposals
- Highly developed ability to seek, analyse and evaluate customer needs and integrate them into the delivery of successful outcomes
Please note, occasional interstate travel and work outside normal hours will be required.
Term: Up to 4 years
Package: Salary from $169,000 (negotiable) per annum total package including super and benefits
- Generous employer funded superannuation benefits (up to 12%)
- Five weeks paid annual leave per year
- Council’s office locations have local parking on-site and are in close proximity to public transport networks
Please note that whilst the current work location for this position is specified above, staff may be required to transfer to any of council's work locations with notice. Council currently has administration offices located at Caboolture, Strathpine and Redcliffe as well as depots, libraries and a range of other facilities located throughout the region.
How To Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload a copy of your current resume and a cover letter (maximum 1 page).
Click to view Role Description
We will be hosting an informative webinar on Thursday 22nd October 2020, to register your interest visit: www.mbrc.qld.gov.au/ed-webinar
To review our Draft Regional Economic Development Strategy visit: https://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/Services/Projects/Regional-Economic-Development-Strategy
To obtain any further details please contact council's Careers team at email@example.com