As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1800 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Integrated Transport Planning and Design
The position sits within the Integrated Transport Planning and Design department. The primary focus of this department is to plan, manage and design the region's integrated transport network consistent with Council's corporate strategic vision, policies and strategies.
About the Opportunity:
As our Team Leader Transport Infrastructure, you will be involved in the delivery of integrated transport planning programs and have opportunity to develop new and innovative ways to enhance liveability and safety of our cities and streets. You will provide technical leadership to a team of technical officers responsible for the planning and design of traffic and transport projects, manage the submission process for entering projects into the capital and operational works programs, and oversee the delivery of projects.
In addition, you will:
- lead the delivery of complex traffic and transport sub programs including the identification of new, upgrades and renewals projects for populating traffic and transport sub programs
- lead the preparation of concept designs and cost estimates to accurately forecast financial budgets
- prepare and present complex technical reports for consideration by management and other key stakeholders as required
- provide technical input into annual capital and operational works programs and ensure these programs are reviewed, updated on a regular basis and remain current
- undertake regular meetings with council’s elected members to provide detailed updates and undertake other meetings with customers as required. Some of these meetings may be outside of council’s normal working hours
- develop team capability and drive a high performance, continuous improvement and customer focussed team culture
- build high level relationships with internal and external stakeholders to optimise service outcomes including one network transport solutions with the various Queensland State Government departments to promote modal change in a rapidly growing metropolitan region.
We are seeking someone with expertise in design principals, transport networks and planning - you will have the ability to undertake network planning and asses and review detailed design plans. You will have had previous experience in the management of programs and well practised leadership skills.
You will hold a degree in civil engineering, traffic engineering, transportation planning or equivalent.
You will have:
- high level knowledge and experience of Australian Road Rules, Austroads and awareness of Australian Standards pertaining to traffic engineering
- knowledge and experience in traffic or transportation planning and design
- substantial experience in providing technical leadership to a team to drive high performance outcomes
- the ability to think laterally and adapt solutions to changing political environments whilst maintaining a strong customer focus in line with strategic outcomes
- experience in the preparation and presentation of complex technical reports ensuring content is easy to interpret by both technical and non-technical audiences
- strong communication skills to meet the needs of a range of internal and external stakeholders with the ability to negotiate and drive sustainable outcomes
- experience leading and mentoring team members through shared knowledge, collaboration and coaching
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
Please note that whilst the current work location for this position is specified above, staff may be required to transfer to any of council's work locations with notice. Council currently has administration offices located at Caboolture, Strathpine and Redcliffe as well as depots, libraries and a range of other facilities located throughout the region.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Please Click here for Role Description
To obtain further details please contact our Onboarding Team email@example.com