As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1800 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Integrated Transport Planning and Design
The position sits within the Integrated Transport Planning and Design department. The primary focus of this department is to plan, manage and design the region's integrated transport network consistent with Council's corporate strategic vision, policies and strategies.
About the Opportunity:
As our Principal Project Lead Transport Planning, you will Lead the delivery of transport planning projects including the council’s accessible school program to drive integrated and sustainable outcomes. You will engage with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally and have the skills to influence outcomes, negotiate and reach mutually beneficial solutions.
In addition, you’ll:
- provide expert transport planning and road safety advice to key stakeholders, including the region’s schools, to support Council’s strategic outcomes of reducing reliance on the private car and encouraging modal change
- offer technical advice and input into the development of businesses cases and planning studies for integrated transport projects consistent with the MBRC Planning, Design and Construction processes
- lead the preparation of detailed design briefs for both internal and external design services and ensure that planning and design projects are delivered on time, within budget and are aligned to strategy
- identify State and Federal grant funding opportunities and facilitate applications for funding for priority projects
- provide technical input into annual capital and operational works programs and ensure these programs are reviewed, updated on a regular basis and remain current
- undertake regular meetings with council’s elected members to provide detailed updates on road safety and accessibility upgrade proposals; some of which may be outside council’s normal business hours.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about transport planning, is future focused and has the ability to influence and engaged both their team and stakeholders. Your strength will be to negotiate and drive sustainable outcomes.
You will hold degree in civil engineering, transportation planning or equivalent with previous experience or exposure to working with councils and school highly desired.
You will have:
- comprehensive knowledge and experience in transport planning and design, modal change, travel behaviour change and accessibility projects
- a high level knowledge of travel demand management principles, behaviour change programs and techniques
- experience in applying relevant local government legislation and planning principles and practices
- the ability to think laterally and adapt solutions to changing political environments whilst maintaining a strong customer focus in line with strategic outcomes
- demonstrated experience in the preparation and presentation of complex technical reports ensuring content is easy to interpret by both technical and non-technical audiences
- strong communication skills to meet the needs of a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Please click here for Role Description
To obtain further details please contact our Onboarding Team email@example.com