As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1800 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Strategic Planning and Place Making Department
The Strategic Planning and Place Making Department takes a long term approach to reshaping or region’s planning. As our region continues to grow, we remain committed to find the best options to shape the future urban form, accessibility and liveability of our region whilst managing natural hazards and protecting and conserving our natural resources, environment and heritage.
We are currently bringing together a new team of experts in Urban Growth Modelling to help us find - and use - the best tools to guide the future of our region.
We have a variety of opportunities on offer. We look forward to chat further about your contribution to this exciting team.
About the Opportunity:
As our NEW Coordinator of new Urban Growth Model, you will lead the development, calibration, testing and delivery of a new urban growth model in accordance with legislative, policy and business requirements.
With a proven track record of building and maintaining high level relationships across a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders, you will achieve this by leading a team of highly skilled urban planning, GIS and business analyst specialists and external technical advisors.
We are seeking an agile and collaborative leader with the ability to motivate, drive and deliver. You will have the skills to influence, collaborate and negotiate sustainable outcomes. You will have highly practiced relationship management and communication skills to meet the needs of a range of internal and external stakeholders.
You will have:
- experience in managing a team of expert specialists to drive high performance, timely, practical and pragmatic outcomes
- substantial knowledge and experience in planning and development issues and data, specifically in their application within urban growth modelling and a commitment to continual improvement
- substantial experience in project management and the delivery of projects, including complex planning, urban growth modelling or infrastructure planning projects with diverse stakeholder interests
- high level experience in applying relevant state and local government legislation and strategic and regional land use planning principles and practices as they relate to urban growth modelling
- experience in providing strategic advice and directions in uncertain or emergent circumstances and in a rapidly changing policy environment.
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Please Click here for Role Description - Coordinator new Urban Growth Model
To obtain further details please contact our Onboarding Team email@example.com