Term: Maximum Term Part Time or Full Time - dependent on study requirements
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award - Level 1
Location: Caboolture / Strathpine
Package: $30.98 per hour, up to 12% superannuation, leave loading
- Must be available to work 3-5 days per week (Monday to Friday) during university semesters 1 and 2 and full time outside of those semesters and during the university semester breaks.
- Previous applicants for other University Student vacancy pools and/or positions are encouraged to apply if still interested to be considered.
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1900 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
We are looking for energetic and positive university students to join our Development Services and Strategic Planning and Place Making Departments.
We are looking for someone who will have a great attitude, demonstrate discipline and adaptability, and can work autonomously and as part of the team.
Does this sound like you? You could find yourself working in an organisation in which your initiative and willingness to have a go will see you gain valuable skills which will complement the theory you're learning at university. Ultimately setting you apart from the field!
If you are currently studying in the fields of Civil Engineering, Planning, Architecture, Urban Design or a related subject we want you to apply!
Keep on reading to learn more about the departments.
Strategic Planning and Place Making Department
The Strategic Planning and Place Making Department takes a strategic approach to long term planning and policy development to shape the growth, urban form, accessibility and liveability of our region whilst managing natural hazards and protecting and conserving our natural resources, environment and heritage. The department's plans, programs and initiatives are structured to meet the requirements of the South East Queensland Regional Plan and related State legislation, in addition to supporting local demands and needs.
Development Services Department
Development Services is shaping a better Moreton Bay by assessing and managing the effects of development on the community and environment of Moreton Bay, working in partnership with the development industry to design and construct infrastructure for the community as well as levying and recovering infrastructure charges to fund new and upgraded major community infrastructure.
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
- Our office locations have local parking on-site and is near public transport networks.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
To obtain further details please contact council's Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org