As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of close to 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
We are excited to be recruiting a stand out opportunity within our People, Culture & Safety (PCS) team - our People Experience Manager.
Our PCS Team works in partnership with all divisions of Council with a focus on ensuring Council builds the capacity of its employees and business to achieve its long-term strategic and operational goals. We work together to cultivate culture, instil our values, and support the ongoing development of our teams and organisation.
About our Opportunity
As the People Experience Manager you will Partner with the Senior Leadership team to understand strategic people priorities and execute fit for purpose people solutions. You will provide leadership, coaching and development to the teams accountable for people and culture business partnering, recruitment, PCS systems, employee relations and core people projects.
You will partner with the PCS Leadership team and leaders within the organisation to understand long-term organisation wide objectives and identify opportunities to implement strategies that meet short and long-term business strategies. You’ll encourage a learning approach and drive improvements to systems and processes through contemporary HR practices.
Additionally you will:
- Leverage People Experience data & analytics to provide strategic and operational insights to senior leaders across the business.
- Develop strong partnerships with other enabling functions throughout the organisation to design an exceptional employee experience.
- Deal with complex industrial matters, disputes, grievances and discipline issues and oversee the EBA negotiations in 2022.
You’re a visionary leader, with an innate ability to take people on journey with you, influencing change, optimising engagement and championing our values. Naturally you’re a people person and your refined and high level of emotional intelligence connects you with your stakeholders, ensuring you build and maintain positive relationships across all levels.
With continuous improvement, people experience optimisation and contemporary human resource practices in mind, you will have ample experience in project management, change management and an ability to assess the effectiveness of HR projects and procedures.
Leading a high performing People Experience Team, you’ll have extensive leadership, coaching and problem solving experience within a large and complex Human resources environment.
Term: Initial 4 year term, followed by 5 year rolling contract
Package: Total TRP starting from $172,963
Please click here for a copy of the People Experience Manager Position Description.pdf
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of the role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.