As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1900 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
About our opportunity
Due to the rapid growth and demand within our region, we are seeking an additional Community Facilities Planning Officer to join our Community Facilities Planning team.
This will be a rewarding opportunity to support the development and implementation of evidence-based community facility strategies, initiatives, and network plans that support the growth of creative, connected, inclusive and active communities within the region. This will be achieved through:
- Undertaking a range of activities which support the preparation of facility based strategic plans and policies that guide the delivery of Council’s community services, sport and recreation functions.
- Designing and delivering community and stakeholder engagement activities as part of Council’s community facility planning projects.
- Undertaking research and analysis of community and demographic trends to ensure that strategic plans and policies which meet the needs of a diverse and broad community.
- Providing a range of advice and support to the team on matters that relate to quality outputs regarding community, cultural and sport and recreation facility needs of the Region.
- Building relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver quality service outcomes.
Whilst undertaking these services, you will regularly travel around our region to conduct site visits and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
We’re looking for an analytical and innovative thinker with a sound knowledge of community, cultural and sport and recreation facilities and the ways in which the community engages with them. Ideally, you will have:
- Experience in project management and social research to support the development of informed project planning and delivery.
- Strong level of emotional intelligence and experience working and engaging with community groups and other key stakeholders.
- High level of skill in conceptual and innovative problem solving, analysis and assessment in order to deliver a range of facility planning outcomes.
- Experience supporting the development of internal plans, strategies and frameworks as they apply to community facilities planning.
- A sound understanding of the economic, political and social influences relating to the local government environment.
Qualifications in Urban, Social or Recreation Planning, or Facilities Management are considered highly desirable.
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity that can make a real difference within our communities and shape the future of our Council, apply now to take the next step in your career!
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 5 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
- $84,340.00 + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
Please refer to the Community Facilities Planning Officer Position Description.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
*Applications will close midnight, Tuesday 28 June 2022.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.