This role sits within Customer Service which is apart of our Customer Response Department made up of the Local Laws, Public Health and Customer Services streams. Customer Response provides front line service delivery and aims to provide a high standard of positive and proactive service experiences.
About our opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced content creator to lead content strategy within our newly formed Content Management Team. As the Content Strategist you will be responsible for strategically guiding the team and internal stakeholders to produce and maintain user-centric content across multiple digital platforms. This will involve providing expertise and guidance to streamline digital service delivery, improve online user experiences and identify content enhancement opportunities.
About the team
The Content Management Team is a newly formed team sitting within Councils Customer Service Unit to ensure digital content remains in touch with the needs and demands of Councils customers and internal stakeholders. The team works closely with business units across the organisation to deliver effective user-centric content focused on readability, accessibility and usability. Content designed by the team is led by user data and analytical insights to create optimal customer experiences.
We’re looking for an experienced content creator versed in the overarching strategy of online written and visual communication to support ongoing positive customer experiences.
Your experience in writing, editing and reworking a range of content types provides you with a solid framework to confidently guide strategic focus and create effective content management plans, templates and style guides. Using your ability to build and sustain collaborative partnerships with stakeholders you will champion content management processes, expectations and user-centric outcomes.
Your strong understanding of digital analytics will support your strategic direction and approach to improve online user experiences. Under pressure you will be able to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
Importantly, you will thrive in a team environment driven by high performance, continuous improvement and customer experience.
Successful applicants will have a thorough understanding of the following content management concepts:
- website accessibility
- content style guides and template creation
- content/copy writing and editing
- user experience (UX)
- user interface (UI)
- search engine optimisation (SEO)
If you are looking for a challenging but exciting and meaningful role, then be sure to apply for this opportunity today!
Role: Content Strategist
Term: 1 x Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 5 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Remuneration: $84,340 + Super + Leave Loading + 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1900 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our mates and construction program.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
*Applications will close midnight Wednesday, 29 June 2022.
Click here for the copy of the Content Strategist Position Description.
To obtain further details please contact our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what’s happening in our region, follow us on Linked In - Moreton Bay Regional Council Linked In.