As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2,000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Sport and Recreation
This role sits within our Sport and Recreation Branch which aims to collaborate with the community to develop sustainable organisations, facilities and services, that support healthy and active lifestyles for residents and visitors to the Moreton Bay Region.
This is achieved through the delivery of services to the local community and organisations that build connection and provide active and healthy lifestyle opportunities.
About our opportunity
Due to the rapid growth and demand within our region, we are seeking a Business Support Officer to join our Sport and Recreation team. This will be a new role with a key focus on supporting the Sport and Recreation Branch by providing general administrative assistance to ensure effective and efficient delivery of Branch operations. This will be achieved through:
- Providing general administrative assistance to the Branch ensuring appropriate communication of any matters or emerging issues requiring attention.
- Preparing incoming and outgoing correspondence and timely responses to customer requests, including appropriate follow up and escalation as required.
- Assisting with the preparation of briefing notes, presentations and other business documents.
- Assisting with the Branch’s finance and procurement functions, including liaising with suppliers; preparing and delivering purchase orders and invoices and providing routine advice to management and key staff.
- Assisting in the review of Branch processes to improve efficiency and service delivery outcomes.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders that will increase the effectiveness of the Branch.
- Contributing to a positive team environment in order to achieve a high performance, continuous improvement and customer focused culture.
You will be an experienced administrator; customer service extraordinaire and team player looking for that next challenge!
Your role will be busy and varied, and we are seeking the right person with exceptional organisational skills, attention to detail and experience preparing and reviewing business correspondence and reports to ensure accurate, quality documents are being produced and delivered.
Ideally you will have:
- Previous experience providing administrative support and assistance, including the preparation of quality correspondence and documentation.
- Sound knowledge of administration practices and procedures.
- Well-developed organisational skills and work ethic with the ability to work autonomously.
- Well-developed time management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing the workload and priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and the ability to develop proficiency with Council’s corporate systems.
- Well-developed people and relationship skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation, contributing to a positive work environment with a strong focus on provision of quality customer service.
- Certificate II in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Current C class driver’s licence.
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 2 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Location: 199 Gympie Road, Strathpine, Qld
Remuneration: $65,262 + Super + 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
Please refer to the Business Support Officer Position Description for further information.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.