Buildings and Facilities Planning Department
Our Building and Facilities Planning Department works in partnership with all Divisions of Council with a focus on long and medium term planning services for Council Owned and Operated, Corporate, Commercial and Community Leased buildings portfolio of assets.
We achieve this through provision of mix use of internal and external resources. The department provides internal engineering and technical advice and approvals, life cycle assessments, search, trial and business cases for implementing of energy efficiency and other building management technologies, development and implementation of strategic, master and tactical planning services and policy, standards and guidelines making for Council's buildings and facilities consistent with Council's corporate strategic vision, policies and strategies. We are also responsible for procuring, contracting and providing contractor and consultant management for planning related operational projects.
About the Opportunity:
As our Senior Building Compliance Officer, you will provide specialist technical advice and undertake moderately complex building compliance assessments for Council Buildings in accordance with the Queensland legislation to meet the needs of our community.
You will be responsible for identification and assessment of Council obligation for the most current Building Regulation and the development of a building compliance governance framework and procedural documentation to ensure compliance and support compliance activities.
You will conduct investigations of compliance matters or concerns and provide specialist technical advice to key stakeholders on building certification matters
In addition, you’ll:
- establish roles and responsibilities among different Council directorates and departments to address building compliance in its entirety with the Building Regulation and Act
- undertake moderately complex building compliance assessment to ensure technical compliance with the building code and legislation
- support the assessment of emergency and high-risk building and development compliance matters (including matters relating to public safety, injury to persons or damage to property)
We are seeking someone who has knowledge and experience in the building compliance assessment services. You will have sound knowledge of the Building Regulation and Act and building and development legislation in Queensland.
Experience in local government is highly regard with a focus on public assembly and government buildings.
You will have well refined skills in technical reporting both in the production and presentation of these. You will have the capability to take an advisory role and build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Our Building Works Planning team is dynamic, collaborative and passionate about achieving high quality results for our community. We are focused on delivering on our corporate values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Sustainability - we are seeking people who resonate with these values.
You will hold Technical qualifications and hold a current and relevant Certificate of Accreditation issued by the Australian Institute of Building Surveyors (AIBS) or Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), General Induction Licence (White Card) and have eligibility to qualify as a Level 2 or higher Certifier with Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC).
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Role Description - Senior Building Compliance Officer.pdf
To obtain further details please contact our Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what’s happening in our region, follow us on Linked In - Moreton Bay Regional Council Linked In