Council's Project Management Department annually delivers $250M of Capital/Operational Programs/Projects, Project Management approximately deliver 550 capital/operational projects ranging from $10k to $20M per year. These programs/projects include municipal asset classes of Roads, Drainage, Coastal Engineering, Buildings, Sporting Facilities, Bridges, Playgrounds, Parks, Waste Facilities, Transportation and Aerodrome. These programs/projects include all project stages of Project Development/Planning, Preconstruction/Design, Procurement and Construction.
Project Management contracts 80% of the capital program via pro-active and innovative annual delivery processes, documentation and management and have project involvement on capital funded projects from conception to completion.
Success in the delivery of the annual capital/Operational works program is achieved by dedicated, qualified and skilled officers who operate cohesively as a team within the Project Management Department, who pride themselves on building relationships supported by concise Contract Administration in a "fair and reasonable" approach.
About the Opportunity:
As our Quantity Surveyor you will work in partnership with the Project Management team to ensure the financial position of the construction program is accurately reported and controlled effectively. You will undertake cost assessment of completed estimates to inform risks and opportunities across the project life cycle and construction planning in a project and portfolio management environment.
You will act as a point of contact for a range of stakeholders on quantity surveying matters, including program level budget and specialist advice across the project management department.
Additionally, you will:
- Undertake a range of construction estimating, costing and quantity surveying services on forward capital projects.
- Develop and maintain forecast reporting for cost management associated with planning, design, procurement and construction phases of programmed works with consideration to local industry market conditions.
- Deliver work in compliance with all legislation, approved standards, policies and procedures relating to project management practices and processes.
You’ll have extensive experience in estimating and cost planning principles in the delivery of services across a broad range of disciplines.
You’ll have demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role, a strong ability to work autonomously but will still be able to support the wider outputs of the team. You will be passionate about industry engagement and public consultation with a strong focus on provision of quality commercial advice to support customer service.
Additionally, you will have:
- Demonstrated competent use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project and other specialist estimating software and GIS applications.
- Strong level of experience and demonstrated understanding of contractual terms and conditions.
- Cost management of commercial building and civil construction experience in public and/or private sectors.
- Acute commercial acumen and high level communication and reporting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking, reasoning, evaluation and decision-making skills.
You will hold a Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar demonstrated experience along with a Construction Induction Card competency (used or obtained within the past 2 years) and a Current C class Drivers Licence.
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Role Description - Quantity Surveyor.pdf
To obtain further details please contact our Recruitment Team email@example.com
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what’s happening in our region, follow us on Linked In - Moreton Bay Regional Council Linked In