Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 6 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Remuneration: $94,194 + Super (up to 12%) + 9-day fortnight + leave loading
The Strategic Planning and Place Making Department takes a strategic approach to long term planning and policy development to shape the growth, urban form, accessibility, and livability of our region whilst managing natural hazards and protecting and conserving our natural resources, environment, and heritage. The department’s plans, programs and initiatives are structured to meet the requirements of the Southeast Queensland Regional Plan and related State legislation, in addition to supporting local demands and needs.
About the role:
As a Senior GIS Research Officer, you will provide specialised advice and undertake complex spatial, data and demographic analysis, to support the delivery a regional growth monitoring program and provide an evidence-base to inform strategic land use and infrastructure planning decision-making processes to meet the needs of the community within the Moreton Bay Regional Council area.
In addition, you will:
- Lead key regional growth monitoring program projects
- Undertake improvement activities associated with data capture, maintenance, and verification of strategic and urban planning related information
- Develop, maintain, and manage the program’s spatial information data, data methodologies and governance processes
- Lead the delivery of spatial and non-spatial data analytics solutions utilising a range of products and tools for data analysis, modelling, database design, data visualization, 2D/3D modelling, cartographic and planning scheme outputs and demographic, trend, and statistical analysis to ensure program outcomes are achieved.
We are looking for someone with experience in relevant technical tools for spatial, data and demographic analysis, specifically in relation to urban research and growth monitoring. You will be someone that has extensive knowledge in the use of data modelling tools, programming languages such as Python, SQL and R and other data analysis products such as 3D modelling and ArcGIS Online/Enterprise.
Known for your investigative, analytical, and research skills including the use of a range of software applications used to record, manipulate, and present planning and project programming data.
You will be someone that can communicate complex planning and data analysis concepts and matters in a simple and concise manner and negotiate best practice outcomes.
Additionally, you will have:
- Degree in spatial science, geographical information, and data analysis or equivalent
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2,000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our mates and construction program.
- Our Caboolture office has free onsite parking and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Position Description_Senior GIS Research Officer.pdf
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.