- Permanent Full Time
- $103,894 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 7 of the MBRC EBA4 Certified Agreement
- 9 day fortnight
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- Hybrid, flexible working environment, including some work from home days.
- Location: Strathpine
Integrated Transport Planning and Design
The position sits within the Integrated Transport Planning and Design department. The primary focus of this department is to plan, manage and design the region’s integrated transport network consistent with Council’s corporate strategic vision, policies and strategies.
About our opportunity
As our Principal Transport Planner/Engineer - Integrated Transport Planning you will provide advice on, and lead multimodal transport investigations into, matters pertaining to land use and strategic planning and private development, including but not limited to growth, investigation or priority development areas and the application of Council’s Planning Scheme.
You will have opportunity to proactively liaise and engage directly with both internal and external stakeholders, including with Council officers in Development Services (DS), Strategic Infrastructure Planning (SIP), Strategic Planning and Place-Making (SPPM) and relevant external state agencies or other authorities.
You will apply Council’s corporate and strategic objectives, including but not limited to the corporate plan, the Planning Scheme, the LGIP, Integrated Transport Strategy (ITS). You will review, draft or develop planning briefs/scopes, and when required manage consultants/projects, that are consistent with the key responsibilities of the role.
We are seeking some who is driven to be a key part of the team and with experience in developing and reviewing project and planning scopes/briefs. You will have comprehensive knowledge of contemporary best practice transport planning and design principles, standards and legislation
You will have experience in a similar and comprehensive knowledge of relevant state planning policy, process and guidelines, such as those related to Growth Areas, Priority Development Areas, the SEQ Regional Plan, and infrastructure planning including agreements, assessment and policy.
You will have excellent time management skills, including managing projects, conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines, including the ability to work under limited supervision and self-motivated to deliver projects.
You will hold a degree in a relevant field such as Urban and Regional Planning, Civil or Environmental Engineering, or Traffic and Transport.
Our Integrated Transport Planning team is a technically diverse group, who are highly collaborative and passionate about achieving high quality results for our community. We are focused on delivering on our corporate values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Sustainability - we are seeking people who resonate with these values.
Role Description - Principal Engineer Integrated Transport Engineering.pdf
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Strathpine office is located next to Train Station, we offer change facilities for commuting via Active Transport methods, and also have free car parking
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.