Unique opportunities - transport planning a future city!
Are you wanting to be involved in how Australia’s third largest Council is transforming into a future city? Do you want to be at the forefront of the planning and development, specifically the road, active and public transport networks that its residents, services, business, and visitors rely on? Then Council’s Integrated Transport Planning (ITP) team wants to hear from you!
Our team currently has several ongoing, full-time roles available and are seeking Expressions of Interest (EoI) from those with the relevant set of skills, qualifications, or experiences to undertake the necessary transport planning and project justification, scoping and management that will help us become a successful future polycentric city.
The city vision is bold, exciting and a befitting response to the significant population and development growth expected to occur between now and 2041. Such growth will place unprecedented demands upon Council infrastructure, budget and resourcing, especially in regard to transport which requires considerable planning today to inform the city of tomorrow.
What we do: ITP transforms ideas into reality by leading Council’s transport planning programs. We ask the questions about what the community of Moreton Bay needs for a better transport future; and answer them with multi-modal, integrated studies and investigations that inform future capital works projects and programs.
How we fit: If you want to influence how our future transport networks looks, works and performs; the ITP team is for you. We work with our strategic infrastructure planners team to investigate the need and decide on the best option for new or upgraded movement networks across our region. Our investigations directly influence which projects are actually delivered.
What motivates us: to ensure that the right projects are delivered where and when they are needed; that they deliver the best community outcomes possible; and they are consistent with Council’s strategic direction, such as the polycentric city vision, the Integrated Transport Strategy and Public Transport Framework.
How it effects the community: Success for us is having our community realise greater and more efficient options for movement and access into the future. Better sustainability, safety, efficiency and reliability in every day transport is what we want to see for Moreton Bay’s residents, including improving our transport for pedestrians, cyclists and getting better integration between modes and land uses.
Typical Projects include:
- area wide and corridor planning studies, that seek to identify existing and future needs for transport (movement) and land use (place)
- active transport planning and projects, including to advocate for and deliver an integrated and connected network that encourages uptake and improves safety of walking and cycling
- public transport considerations/needs, including stakeholder liaison, advocacy and implementing Council’s strategic directions
About our opportunities:
The opportunities are various, from those beginning their career to those that can bring their experience and lead. Either way, ITP are seeking motivated, dedicated people ready to bring their relevant knowledge, skills and enthusiasm and be part of the team.
Qualifications in planning or similar disciplines are a nice to have, but not mandatory if you have drive, enthusiasm, experience and knowledge is evident.
Our roles come with:
- Flexibility, on a Permanent Full Time or Part Time basis
- Full time can be a 9 day, 72.5hour fortnight, part time can be considered
- Hybrid, flexible working environment, including some work from home days.
- Location: Strathpine (within 100m of the train station)
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and cover letter outlining your area of passion and suitability to work within this team.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.