- Permanent Full Time
- $108,572pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 7 of EBA5
- 9 day fortnight
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- Location: Petrie - relocating to the new Narangba Depot late 2023
About the role
City of Moreton Bay is on a journey to maximise resource recovery opportunities. This includes the introduction of an organics kerbside collection service in late 2024 and various programs across an ample portfolio of 12 waste facilities and established kerbside collection services to 490,000 residents.
As our Principal Behaviour Change Resource Recovery you’ll be leading, managing and delivering innovative and evidence-based behaviour change projects, outreach events and activities for the community that will foster recycling, waste avoidance and waste minimisation behaviours, and promote City of Moreton Bay’s waste and recycling services, programs and projects.
Your focus will be on managing and guiding outreach teams to deliver behaviour change events, projects and activities to the community using a range of engagement methods and effective media channels, while researching the specific issues, needs and interests of target audiences. This will be done in partnership with key internal and external stakeholders, ensuring activities and communications meet stakeholder expectations and deliver measurable and meaningful results across Moreton Bay and the wider South East Queensland region.
You’ll also be:
- building productive working relationships, working collaboratively within the organisation to ensure behavior change projects compliment other Council programs
- ensuring effective and efficient delivery of education and behavior change programs supporting effective GO and FOGO services, reduction of cross-contamination and maximisation of capture rates to achieve targets and roll-out of new resource recovery programs
- leading a multidisciplinary team of professional and technical staff, implementing ideas for continuous improvement, workforce capability and a positive team culture
- managing project budgets, expenditure, contracts, procurement and performance reporting professionally and in compliance with established frameworks.
The team will be relocating to the brand new, purpose built Narangba Depot later in 2023.
You'll have extensive knowledge and experience in sustainable waste management, resource recovery educational programs, leading the design, implementation and evaluation of effective behaviour change strategies, projects and campaigns, and highly developed people and relationship skills. You'll also have the demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced team environment, and to communicate and motivate effectively to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes, with a strong focus on provision of quality customer service.
You’ll also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a suitable professional discipline relevant to this position required
- Tertiary qualifications in behavioural economics, behaviour change management or other relevant field are highly desirable
- Current C class driver’s licence required
- Current Working with Children (blue) card required (or wiling to obtain).
Click here for the Position Description
Why join the City of Moreton Bay Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applications close 27 September 2023.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the City of Moreton Bay and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.