Job Details - Ranger
Community & Environment
Permanent Full Time
As The third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
If you are looking for a rewarding career working within our amazing region, work life balance and working alongside a great team - we are now accepting interest for future permanent and temporary Ranger positions within our Local Laws Team.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for individuals who are experienced in providing front line service delivery via the following activities:
- providing proactive and effective customer service and delivering effective service outcomes;
- using highly developed communication skills to represent an organisation in a professional manner, internally and externally to stakeholders;
- working collaboratively with an exceptional work ethic and managing a busy workload;
- actioning a range of administration tasks using online tools, technology and software.
Industry skills and experience in the application of compliance activities will be desired, as well as any relevant qualifications in investigations, enforcement or animal management.
About our Ranger positions:
Our Ranger’s provide customer focused education, encouraging voluntary compliance and enforcement of Council’s Local Laws, policies and relevant State legislation.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- performing compliance controls within the region’s streets, parks and public areas;
- impounding vehicles and vessels, animals and illegal devices and goods;
- investigating and responding to complaints; and
- delivering quality advice, direction and solutions to the community.
Other responsibilities include issuing correspondence, compliance notices and penalty infringement notices for breaches of relevant State Government legislation, local laws and subordinate, providing reports and briefs to management and council and provide evidence in a court of law regarding investigations as required.
The Recruitment Process
- If your application is progressed, you will be contacted via email and invited to attend an Assessment Centre.
- We anticipate our Assessment Centre will be held mid-October 2021
- The purpose of the Assessment Centre is to provide you with more information about our Ranger opportunities, answer your questions and complete an interview and assessment activity.
- If your application is progressed from this Assessment Centre, you will be placed in our Talent Pool and contacted when an opportunity becomes available. Your application will be held for a maximum of 6 months.
A few things to note:
- At the time of a position becoming available, you will be contacted by our team and will be required to undergo a physical and hearing assessment with an independent professional nominated by MBRC as part of the recruitment process for this role, as well as a National Police History Check
- The Ranger positions require successful applicants to be available to work any 5 out of 7 days as part of the ordinary hours and participate in council's "After Hours On-Call and Programmed Overtime Roster" service.
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream B) - Level 8, Schedule 4 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
- $65,418pa+ super + leave loading + allowances
- 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Our Caboolture office is in close proximity to public transport networks.
Click here for a copy of our Ranger position description.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button to register your interest and complete an online application. Please upload your current resume and cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend