As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1900 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
This position sits within our Community Services, Sport and Recreation department who aim to build connected, creative, healthy and active local communities and enhance the lifestyle that residents of the Moreton Bay Region enjoy. This is achieved through the provision of support to community organisations; delivery of activities for residents; provision of community meeting and activity spaces; development of polices and plans; and participation in Council’s response to, and recovery from disaster events.
About our opportunity
As a Community Development Officer - Homelessness, you will make a true impact and difference within our region by leading and responding to a range of community safety issues.
This will include the development and implementation of responsive programs and initiatives that support the growth of connected, inclusive and resilient communities. To achieve this, you will:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to sustain community wellbeing, including those responding to homelessness issues;
- Maintain a working knowledge of contemporary best practice and relevant legislative and policy frameworks related to homelessness and community safety;
- Inform community safety programs and identity current and future community needs;
- Plan, promote and activate opportunities within our communities in conjunction with the Community Development team; and
- Review and implement community development strategies, action plans, policy and procedure.
We are looking for an individual highly experienced and familiar with community development principles and practices and can demonstrate experience facilitating strategic partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
Your highly developed interpersonal skills will enable you to work with people from diverse backgrounds and communicate with respect, empathy and influence. In addition, you will have presentation and written skills and knowledge of the phases of project planning and delivery. You will be collaborative in nature and thrive in a fast environment involving competing priorities and a range of sensitivities.
Whilst not essential, experience working with people who are experiencing homelessness and within a local government environment with be highly regarded.
As a true advocate and individual driven to create impact and motivated to help others; this opportunity will not be one to miss! Apply now!
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 5 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
- $84,340pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
Click here for a coy of the position description - Community Development Officer - Homelessness and Community Safety
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.