Job Details - Asset Management Engineer - Renewals Modelling
Projects & Asset Srvcs
Full time, Permanent
- Permanent Full Time
- $91,222 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 5 of EBA
- 9 day fortnight
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- Hybrid, flexible working environment, 2 days in the office, 3 days work from home
- Location: Strathpine
About our opportunity
Within our Asset Management team, our Asset Management Engineer specialises in renewals modelling and is focused on implementing Council’s strategic asset management practices to ensure minimisation of risk and optimisation of asset life, and whole of life costs.
As an Asset Management Engineer, you'll be leading the development, operation, and update of asset lifecycle models in collaboration with subject matter experts, and interpreting, analysing and communicating renewal model outputs to assist the development of portfolio asset management plans and renewal budget forecasts.
You'll also be:
- providing advice on industry best practice for renewals modelling and assist in determining appropriate tools for modelling Council’s assets.
- documenting lifecycle modelling processes and procedures.
- assisting the project programming system and annual capital budget build.
- facilitating and providing oversight to Council’s capital project prioritisation process.
- assisting with the development of business improvement projects.
- contributing to a positive team environment and building strong relationships with key stakeholders to achieve our team's outcomes.
Bring your passion and experience for infrastructure renewals modelling and Microsoft Excel to our asset management team. Additionally, bring your exposure to and interest in renewals scheduling, and experience in engineering design and construction across a broad range of engineering disciplines.
You'll be using your:
- general knowledge of local government infrastructure engineering
- previous knowledge and experience gained from lifecycle modelling for a range of different asset types using a variety of platforms.
- strong interest and capability in analysing and presenting asset data using a range of software tools, including Excel.
- skill in, or interest and capability to learn, VBA or other suitable programming languages.
- excellent time management skills to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- strong communication and relationship management skills.
Why join the City of Moreton Bay Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applications close 2 October 2023.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about the City of Moreton Bay and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend