- Permanent Full Time
- 76,873pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 3 of EBA5
- 9-day fortnight
- 72.5-hour fortnight
- Hybrid, flexible working environment, including some work-from-home days.
- Location: Caboolture
This role is part of Building and Plumbing Services in our Development Services team, which is committed to shaping a better Moreton Bay by assessing and managing the effects of development on the community and environment, working in partnership with the development industry to design and construct infrastructure for the community as well as levying and recovering infrastructure charges to fund new and upgraded major community infrastructure.
With that commitment, we focus on delivering on our corporate values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Sustainability, and we are seeking people who resonate with these values.
Building and Development Compliance
The Building and Development Compliance team undertake activities to ensure compliance with State and Local Government interests, including the City of Moreton Bay Council Planning Scheme. These activities also involve other statutory functions, including ensuring Building Work is undertaken in compliance with the building assessment provisions with a focus on Community Safety.
Councils Plumbing Services' main function is to regulate the carrying out of plumbing or drainage work to reduce risks to public health and safety and the environment. This is achieved primarily by ensuring all plumbing or drainage work, other than unregulated work, is carried out by qualified persons and ensuring that plumbing or drainage work is carried out and maintained in compliance with the code requirements for the work.
About the Opportunity:
As our Technical Officer of the Building and Plumbing team, you will support the broader compliance team with various functions. You will conduct proactive research, desktop analysis and investigation. You will prepare high-quality technical reports, procedures, and correspondence to support the development compliance process.
In addition, you’ll:
- Engage proactively with key stakeholders to ensure quality service outcomes are achieved and constructively deal with any customer service enquiries or complaints referred for action.
- contribute to a positive team environment to achieve a high performance, continuous improvement, and customer-focused culture.
We seek someone with excellent research, time management and project management skills. You will have an agile approach to your work and thrive in a team environment.
You will have analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse, interpret and report on data and project outcomes to support effective decision-making. You will bring highly developed skills with MS Excel to design, implement, and maintain analytic reporting tools.
You will be able to prepare high-level technical reports, procedures and correspondence and have experience in applying relevant planning and development legislation and policy.
You will have working knowledge of the principles and practices relating to building and development compliance, Awareness of the Planning scheme, and the Adopted Infrastructure Charge Resolution.
You will be able to engage with various internal and external stakeholders, have excellent written and verbal skills and seek to collaborate across the organisation.
Position Description_Technical Officer Development Compliance.pdf
Why join the City of Moreton Bay Team?
As Australia's third-largest local government area and the fifth fastest-growing region, the Moreton Bay region boasts beautiful beaches, waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs, and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits, including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offers discounted membership to selected facilities for you and your family.
- We proudly offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation. Our team members are encouraged to study career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member, you will have access to our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Caboolture office is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as working from home, part-time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about the City of Moreton Bay and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.