- Permanent Full Time
- $91,222 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 5 of the EBA5 Certified Agreement
- 9 day fortnight
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- Hybrid, flexible working environment, including some work from home days.
- Location: Strathpine
About our opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sport and Recreation Development Officer to join our Sport and Recreation Branch at Strathpine!
In this role you will champion the development and delivery of community sport and recreation services to an extensive and complex network of organisations across our diverse region. This will be achieved through the engagement and support of a range of stakeholders such as government bodies and industry networks to identify community sport and recreation outcomes at a local, district and regional level.
You will provide specialist advice and support to customers and organisations will also be a key element of this role to ensure governance, sustainability and quality customer service that responds to community, sport and recreation issues and needs.
Reporting to the Sport and Recreation Team Leader, as a senior in the team this role will also contribute to the development of plans and detailed design for community sport and recreation infrastructure and be responsible for projecting and promoting facility use and development.
You will bring your extensive experience of the community, sport and recreation industry to support effective governance and operations of organisations in the Moreton Bay Region. You will also possess the ability to identify and scope the needs of the community in order to support the delivery of capital and operational projects.
As an effective communicator, you will have highly developed communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, to deliver quality service to our community.
We have a large & fun team, so it is important that you enjoy working as part of fast paced team and are willing to contribute to a positive work environment!
Successful candidates will possess a tertiary qualification in social science or sports management (eg. Bachelor of Business Sport Management).
Click here to view position description.
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.