- Permanent Full Time
- $83,879 - $91,222pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 4 - 5 of EBA5. The appointed wage level will be dependent upon the successful candidates level of experience, skills and qualifications.
- 9 day fortnight
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- Hybrid, flexible working environment, including some work from home days.
- Location: Strathpine
About our opportunity
The Project Management team sits within the Project and Asset Services division, and is responsible for the delivery of approximately $270m of capital projects each year. The team works across a diverse range of asset classes including Roads, Drainage, Coastal Engineering, Buildings, Sporting Facilities, Bridges, Playgrounds, Parks, Waste Facilities, Transportation and Aerodrome.
These programs/projects include all project stages of Project Development/Planning, Preconstruction/Design, Procurement and Construction. Project Management contracts a significant portion of the Council’s Capital Projects Program (CPP) annually. Project Management have project involvement on capital funded projects from conception to completion.
As a Technical Officer Project Delivery you'll be overseeing contract construction projects, coordinating and supervising the construction process (including contractors) in accordance with relevant legislation and standards, reviewing and auditing engineering drawings and technical specifications and administering both Major and Minor Works contracts as Superintendents Representative to achieve project delivery outcomes in accordance with Council’s procurement and delivery framework.
You'll also be:
- Resolving technical issues regarding possible variations to works under contract
- Undertaking engineering investigations and prepare technical reports and documentation
- Monitoring contractor performance and adherence to Construction Management and Safety Management plans
- Setting priorities, monitoring workflows and preparing project reports
- Providing regular technical advice to key stakeholders
- Contributing to a positive team environment
- Engaging proactively with key stakeholders to ensure project deliverables and outcomes are achieved.
This the a great role to share your experience in construction project management (preferably within a local government environment), highly-developed knowledge and applied understanding of quotation documents, design drawings, specifications, schedules, and application of relevant construction and workplace health and safety legislation, standards and other regulations.
You'll also bring:
- Demonstrated experience providing technical advice on construction process related matters
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- Well-developed relationship management skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with contractors, clients and engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability negotiate and influence project outcomes
- A degree in Engineering, Diploma or Cert IV in Construction Management and/or Project Management or equivalent and relevant experience in a similar role
- Current C class driver’s licence required
- Construction Induction Card competency that has been used or obtained within the past 2 years required (or willing to obtain).
Click here for the Position Description
Why join the City of Moreton Bay Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applications close 2 October 2023.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about the City of Moreton Bay and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.