Moreton Bay Regional Council is Australia's third largest local government, conveniently located between the Brisbane CBD and the Sunshine Coast.
The Moreton Bay Region is a diverse area, spanning more than 2000 square kilometres and boasting everything from rural townships to urban centres, coastal villages and thriving business precincts – We've Got It All.
Moreton Bay Regional Council employs more than 1700 staff dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 425,000 residents. With your skills, join council's team and help make a difference to one of South-East Queensland's fastest growing urban areas.
The position sits within the Integrated Transport Planning and Design department. The primary focus of this department is to plan, manage and design the region’s integrated transport network consistent with Council’s corporate strategic vision, policies and strategies.
As the Project Officer - Transport Network Management, you will provide technical advice and support in the planning and design of complete streets and transport network management to achieve best practice integrated transport outcomes. You will be responsible for the development and coordination of a wide range of projects including streetscape design and urban amenity enhancements that will improve transport network operations, active transport safety and connectivity.
You will be involved in the development of the corridor and place making program and contributing towards the development of the pedestrian safety improvement program through best practice design standards, taking into consideration transport planning elements and community needs. The role will provide the opportunity to make a tangible change in how people live and move in Moreton Bay, by developing and implementing innovative corridor and transport network improvements for the community.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking site investigations, developing and preparing concept plans for capital works projects and assist with the implementation of integrated transport initiatives
- Undertaking site visits utilising various modes of transport including walking, cycling and driving to identify issues from a user perspective
- Working across all elements of the project lifecycle including technical advice, stakeholder engagement, budgets and maintenance of program and project schedules
You will be a natural problem solver and an innovative thinker who is able to come up with creative solutions and new ideas for improvements while applying sound transport planning principles. Your organised and methodical approach will allow you to manage project deadlines and conflicting priorities ensuring you deliver to agreed timeframes. Your well-developed communication skills and strong focus on customer service will enable you to liaise effectively with stakeholders across the community and within council.
To be successful in this role you will also bring:
- Tertiary qualification in civil engineering, transport engineering, urban design or other relevant field
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set, with experience in active transport planning or strategic transport planning
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in integrated transport engineering, planning and design, with a good understanding of urban design
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the use of Australian Standards and design guidelines relevant to the design of transport and public realm infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to undertake successful stakeholder consultation and stakeholder management
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award Stream A - Level 5 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Package: $82,484 pa, 9 day fortnight, up to 12% superannuation, leave loading, 72.5 hour fortnight & 4 weeks annual leave
Council’s office locations have local parking on-site and are in close proximity to public transport networks.
Please note that whilst the current work location for this position is specified above, staff may be required to transfer to any of council's work locations with notice. Council currently has administration offices located at Caboolture, Strathpine and Redcliffe as well as depots, libraries and a range of other facilities located throughout the region.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Applications Close 21 September 2020
Click here for Role Description
To obtain further details please contact council's Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org