The Moreton Bay Region is a diverse area, spanning more than 2000 square kilometres and boasting everything from rural townships to urban centres, coastal villages and thriving business precincts – We've Got It All.
Moreton Bay Regional Council employs more than 1700 staff dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 425,000 residents. With your skills, join council's team and help make a difference to one of South-East Queensland's fastest growing urban areas.
The Waste Services Department aims to provide affordable, sustainable and safe waste management for residents and business in the Moreton Bay region. Waste Services delivers a wide range of waste management activities, including kerbside and on-demand bulky waste and recycling collections, operation of three major waste management facilities with landfills, two Treasure Markets and eight waste transfer stations. The Department employs approximately 65 staff, more than 55 contractors and manages an annual operational budget of approximately $49 M.
About the role:
As a Facilities Officer - Waste you will join our team of dedicated waste professionals where each day is different. You will have the ability to develop your career by working across a variety of tasks allowing scope for learning and diversifying your experience in waste. Our team contribute to a range of exciting and interesting initiatives across sustainable waste management and are able to make a real difference to the environment and the community.
In the role, you will provide advice and support across the waste management facilities contributing to the effective and efficient day to day operation of waste facilities and other waste management programs and services. You’ll also:
- Provide accurate and timely advice on waste management matters and coordinate a range of projects aimed at improving effectiveness and efficiencies in waste disposal and re-use/recycling processes and methods.
- Undertake environmental, health and safety, and contractor compliance audits, deliver training to waste management staff, and ensure facilities and transfer stations comply with legislation, standards, policies and procedures.
To succeed in this role, you will bring previous experience in a similar position ideally with exposure to landfill and waste transfer stations. You will be safety conscious, drawing on your experience to apply risk minimisation principles and health and safety processes and procedures.
Your exceptional time management, attention to detail will enable you to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines. You will have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills which will support you in effectively liaising with a range of stakeholders, including onsite contractors.
In addition, you will bring:
- Tertiary qualification in waste management, environmental health/science, occupational health and safety or other relevant field
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation
Remuneration & Benefits
This role with Council offers excellent working conditions, generous employer funded superannuation benefits (up to 12%) and a 9 day fortnight in addition to four weeks paid annual leave per year. Council’s work locations have local parking.
- Term: Permanent Full Time
- Location: Various - locations across Bunya and Dakabin
- Hours: Between 6:00am - 6:00pm - any 9 in 14 days
- Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 4 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
- Remuneration: $75,844 pa + super (72.5 hour fortnight)
Please note: This position requires the successful applicant to be available to work any 9 out of 14 days as part of the ordinary hours.
Please note that whilst the current work location for this position is specified above, staff may be required to transfer to any of council's work locations with notice. Council currently has waste management facilities located at Bunya, Caboolture, Dakabin and a range of other facilities located throughout the region.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Click here for Role Description
To obtain further details please contact council's Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org