Job Details - Executive Assistant to the Chief Economic Development Officer (CEDO)
Permanent Full Time
Economic Development, Administration, Executive/ Personal Assistant
Moreton Bay Regional Council is Australia's third largest local government and employs more than 1900 staff dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents.
The Moreton Bay Region is a diverse area, spanning more than 2000 square kilometres and boasting everything from rural townships to urban centres, coastal villages and thriving business and retail precincts – We've Got It All.
As the recent winners of Economic Development Australia (EDA) strategy award for the Best Economic Plan in Australia, this team is showing no signs of slowing down. Their goal is to drive a Bigger, Bolder, Brighter future for the residents of Moreton Bay over the next 20 years. Moreton Bay Region’s ambition is to more than double the economy to $40 billion; create and support 100,000 new jobs and become one of Australia’s Top 10 Regional Knowledge Hubs by 2041.
The business and investment opportunities in Moreton Bay are some of the best in Australia and our team in the Economic Development department are driven in supporting the Mayor and Council to make the region a leading destination for business and investment.
We are seeking highly dedicated and motivated people to join this team.
You will provide high-level administrative and project support to the CEDO and senior staff across the department, including drafting moderately complex correspondence, presentations, develop reports and other relevant documents. You will research and investigate a range of issues arising from staff, resident and/or stakeholder enquiries to assist the formulation of appropriate responses in accordance with relevant legislation and council procedures, policies and directives and conduct targeted project work.
To be successful in this role you will have prior recent experience in a senior EA or PA role. A Certificate IV in Business Administration is desirable but not essential. You will have the ability to quickly obtain knowledge of, Council systems, policies/procedures and have advanced level and understanding of Microsoft Office suite of programs, particularly within Microsoft Word and Excel to draft correspondence and maintain data, prior experience with Tech One will be highly regarded.
You will be:
- able to maintain confidentiality and professionalism, particularly when dealing with issues of a highly political and sensitive nature.
- highly developed in time management, work prioritisation and organisational skills, with proven ability to work with limited supervision on multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- able to contribute positively to the team culture - we are looking for someone who will actively invest in their team and be the 'heart and soul of our office'
- able to attend workshop events outside of normal working hours when required
- proactive and self-motivated in nature and understand the need to remain adaptable and flexible.
This role will give you the opportunity to participate in project based work; experience in project management and procurement will be highly regarded but not essential.
Term: Permanent / Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 4 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
- $75,844 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Click here for a copy of the PD
To obtain further details please contact our Recruitment team at Careers@moretonbay.qld.gov
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend