Job Details - Brief Management and Prosecution Coordinator
Community & Environment
Legal, Local Laws
Role: Brief Management and Prosecutions Coordinator
Term: Full Time Permanent
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 7.1 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Remuneration: $100381 + Super + 9 day fortnight + leave loading
This role sits within our Customer Response Department which is made up of the Local Laws, Public Health and Customer Services streams. Customer Response provides front line service delivery and aims to provide a high standard of positive and proactive service experiences.
About our Opportunity:
As our Brief Management and Prosecutions Coordinator, you will be accountable for coordinating and leading appearances before courts and QCAT hearings in accordance with the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008.
You will coordinate the delivery of all complex brief management and prosecution services for matters that relate to the Customer Response Department and provide monthly reporting on all prosecution and QCAT outcomes.
In addition, you will:
- Undertake reviews of court documents submitted by the Customer Response Department, confirm sufficiency of prosecution evidence, provide high level feedback, communication and outcomes to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Whilst contributing to identification and management of risks applicable to the Customer Response Department, ensuring staff preparing and completing court materials understand the key risks facing the Organisation and how they should be managed.
Possessing a degree in Law and admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, you will have a demonstrated ability to coordinate the delivery of prosecutions and complex briefs. You will be experienced with the QCAT process in order to independently represent Council at all hearings/matters. You will also have a highly developed ability to interpret and enforce legislation relevant to the functions of the Customer Response Department and experience in working in a political environment.
To be successful in the role you have:
- Excellent time management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and communication with the ability to build strong working relationships with a range of people at all levels within Council
- Bachelor degree in Law, admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, with a current unrestricted Australian legal practising certificate and a Current “C” class driver’s license.
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1900 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our mates and construction program.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Please Click here for a copy of the Position Description
To obtain further details please contact our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what’s happening in our region, follow us on Linked In - Moreton Bay Regional Council Linked In
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend