As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Customer Response Department
This role sits within our Customer Response Department which is made up of the Local Laws, Public Health and Permits and Customer Services streams. Customer Response provides front line service delivery and aims to provide a high standard of positive and proactive service experiences.
As our Customer Experience Manager, you will lead and manage the successful delivery of contemporary customer service channels and practices to meet the needs and aspirations of current and future customers.
A key part of your role will be to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Customer Service area, through end to end management of a range of functions.
Additionally, you will:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of customer service channels and practices to determine and implement change through continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage the Customer Services Team through a range of workforce management initiatives to drive a customer centric team culture of high performance, innovation and accountability.
- Develop high level collaborative relationships and partnerships which enhance internal and external customer engagement and experience.
- Develop and manage a program for the recruitment, training and ongoing coaching and development of customer service team members.
- Develop and deliver business plans and project initiatives which align with Council’s strategic and operational objectives.
Passionate about customer service?
We’re looking for a leader who loves to role model a positive work environment, with confidence and experience in leading large geographically diverse teams. You’ll drive high performance, be able to identify capability and resolve complex escalations.
You will have a strong background and understanding of delivering a great customer experience and will bring the exceptional interpersonal skills to provide a high level of customer service to our customers. You’ll be well versed in responding to operational requirements as and when required in balance with the longer term strategic and operational objectives.
Additionally, you will have:
- Extensive experience and knowledge in the delivery of customer service functions to serve the needs of a diverse range of internal and external customers.
- Experience in the development and implementation of strategies, policies, business plans, service metrics and budgets.
- High level experience in building collaborative relationships at all organisational levels to achieve ongoing service improvement outcomes.
- Highly level interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to productively consult and negotiate with a broad range of customers and stakeholders.
- Strong achievements in driving innovative service delivery solutions and leading change.
Term: Full-time Contract - up to 4 years
Location: Caboolture Administration Building, 2 Hasking St, Caboolture Q 4510
TRP: From $169,397 per annum (inclusive of base, super & professional development) & 5 weeks annual leave
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our mates and construction program.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Please click here for a copy of the Customer Experience Manager Position Description.
To obtain further details please contact our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what’s happening in our region, follow us on Linked In - Moreton Bay Regional Council Linked In