Please note: The appointed wage level will be dependent upon the successful candidates level of experience, skills and qualifications.
Building and Plumbing Services is made up of two main business units, Building and Development Compliance and Plumbing Services.
Building and Development Compliance
The Building and Development Compliance team undertake activities to ensure compliance with State and Local Government interests, including the Moreton Bay Regional Council Planning Scheme. These activities also involve other statutory functions, including ensuring Building Work is undertaken in compliance with the building assessment provisions with a focus on Community Safety.
Councils Plumbing Services' main function is to regulate the carrying out of plumbing or drainage work to reduce risks to public health and safety and the environment. This is achieved primarily by ensuring all plumbing or drainage work, other than unregulated work, is carried out by qualified persons and ensure that plumbing or drainage work is carried out and maintained in compliance with the code requirements for the work.
About the Opportunity:
As our Development Compliance Officer you will provide technical advice and undertake investigations into building and development compliance matters in accordance with legislative and public health and safety requirements. You will seek to assist to educate and inform our community by building strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
In addition, you’ll:
- issue statutory approvals in accordance with the relevant legislative, policy and business requirements
- resolve escalated customer and procedural issues to ensure quality service and compliance outcomes are achieved
- contribute to the development of building and development compliance processes and procedures
- prepare high quality technical reports, procedures and correspondence to support the development approval and compliance process
- undertake site inspections and investigations to support the resolution of building and development compliance issues.
We are seeking someone who has advanced knowledge and experience in the delivery of building and development compliance services, preferably in local government. You will have strong interpersonal, consultative, negotiation and mediation skills with an ability to formulate high level written reports which are succinct, factual and clear.
You will have:
- advanced knowledge and experience with the principles and practices involving investigation and compliance tasks relating to building and development matters
- knowledge of the planning, building and development legislation in Queensland
- advanced knowledge of the State Planning Policy, the SEQ Regional Plan, the Planning scheme, and the Adopted Infrastructure Charge Resolution
- strong time management skills and the ability to manage high volume workloads, conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- strong communication skills to meet the needs of a range of internal and external stakeholders with the ability to work in a positive team environment communicating and engaging effectively at all levels.
You will hold a Diploma in Planning, Building Surveying or equivalent and/or Diploma in (Government) Investigation or equivalent and/or Diploma of Science, Agriculture or equivalent.
You will hold a current General Induction Licence (White Card) or be willing to acquire prior to commencement.
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Role Description -Development Compliance Officer
To obtain further details please contact our Onboarding Team email@example.com
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what’s happening in our region, follow us on Linked In - Moreton Bay Regional Council Linked In