Job Details - Team Leader - Sport and Recreation
Community & Environment
Full time, Permanent
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Sport and Recreation
This role sits within our Sport and Recreation Branch which aims to collaborate with the community to develop sustainable organisations, facilities and services that support healthy and active lifestyles for residents and visitors to the Moreton Bay Region.
This is achieved through the delivery of services to the local community and organisations that build connection and provide active and healthy lifestyle opportunities and the delivery of recreation programs.
About our opportunity
Due to an opportunity becoming available, we are seeking a highly motivated and engaging Team Leader to join our Sport and Recreation Branch. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of sport and recreation services to community organisations across the region. This will be achieved by:
- Proactively engaging with community, sport and recreation organisations to support excellence in governance and sustainable facility management.
- Providing specialist technical advice and support on community, sport and recreation facilities, issues and needs.
- Providing positive leadership and professional supervision to members of the team and fostering a team culture characterised by high quality customer service, teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Undertaking the development of feasibility studies, management plans and operational models to achieve best practice sport and recreation facility utilisation and management.
- Contributing as a major stakeholder in the development of master plans, concept plans and detailed designs for community, sport and recreation infrastructure; including the submission and administration of capital project funding applications to external agencies for the delivery of identified corporate and community priorities.
- Identifying opportunities to renew or develop new facilities to meet changing community needs.
- Cultivating and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to: Councillors, other Council departments, State and Federal government agencies and community organisations.
- Participating in system, policy and process improvement initiatives that optimise the efficiency and effectiveness of services.
- Contributing towards the development and review of annual budgets (capital and operational), operational plans and other business planning activities.
We are looking for an innovative team leader with exceptional community engagement, project and stakeholder management skills and a demonstrated ability to positively lead and motivate a team to achieve operational and strategic outcomes.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in leading a team to achieve desired operational and strategic outcomes within a complex operating environment.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to meet competing deadlines, manage multiple projects and be adaptive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Highly developed people and relationship skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and communicate and motivate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the development and implementation of complex community engagement strategies with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a demonstrated ability to forge and maintain collaborative partnerships.
- Tertiary qualifications in the social sciences, sports management, business, or other relevant field.
- Current C class driver’s licence
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 7 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Location: 199 Gympie Road, Strathpine, Qld
Remuneration: $100,381 + Super + Leave Loading + 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
Please refer to a copy of the Team Leader - Sport and Recreation Position Description for further information.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend