Job Details - Principal Employee Relations Partner
Finance & Corp Services
Full time, Maternity Leave
People, Culture and Safety
Our Principal Employee Relations Partner sits within our People, Culture and Safety (PCS) Team, who works in partnership with all divisions of Council with a focus on ensuring Council builds the capacity of its employees and business to achieve its long-term strategic and operational goals. We work together to cultivate culture, instill our values, and support the ongoing development of our teams and organisation.
About our opportunity
2022/2023 is shaping up to be an exciting time at Council as we roll out a range of new programs to enhance our employee experience, including the negotiation and implementation of our next Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA5). We are looking for an experienced Principal Employee Relations Partner to join us in this maternity leave position and support the team on this project and other industrial and employee matters.
Key accountabilities include:
- Partner with the People, Culture and Safety Leadership Team & Business Partners to guide, and provide expert advice on a broad range of employment and industrial relations matters.
- Lead complex investigations and support the People & Culture Business Partnering team to ensure grievances are investigated and resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Investigate, interpret, and provide expert advice on a wide range of employee related matters, including legislative and industrial agreement interpretation.
- Act as a Council representative and support Council’s best interests externally in the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission and other regulatory bodies.
- Develop and deliver training, coaching and support to the People Experience Team, and business leaders in relation to employee and industrial relations matters.
- Support the People Experience Manager in promoting and monitoring contemporary employee and industrial relations matters to ensure Council processes and practices are up to date and aligned with best practice.
You will be pragmatic and collaborative in your style and excited by the challenge of leading projects, with demonstrated experience leading EBA negotiations and complex workplace investigations. You will role model our values and be passionate about ensuring processes and policies are transparent, easy to understand and ensure fairness and integrity is upheld at all times. At your core you will believe that people come to work to do the right thing, and you will be curious about digging deeper to understand core employee relations issues and identifying solutions in collaboration with the broader People, Culture and Safety team.
In addition, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in representing an organisation in various jurisdictions, industrial tribunals, and commissions, sector groups, and/or negotiations, preferably within a government context.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the legislative, regulatory, and industrial instruments in relation to employment and industrial relations within the government context.
- Strong problem-solving skills to resolve matters where policy, guidelines, and precedents are not available and the exercise of advanced professional skills to resolve emerging or complex problems as required.
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline including; Law, Business, Human Resources, Industrial relations or related discipline is an advantage but not essential.
Term: Maternity Leave - November 2022 until December 2023
Hours of work: 72.5 hours, 9 day fortnight
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 8 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Salary: $114,246 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Click here for Position Description
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our mates and construction program.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
To obtain further details please contact email@example.com
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend