- Permanent Full Time
- From $73,560pa up to $87,291pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - From Level 3 up to level 5 of the MBRC EBA4 Certified Agreement
The appointed wage level will be dependent upon the successful candidates level of experience, skills and qualifications.
- 9-day fortnight
- 72.5hour fortnight
- Hybrid, flexible working environment, including some work from home days.
- Location: Caboolture
About our opportunity
The Strategic Planning and Place Making Department takes a strategic approach to long term planning and policy development to shape the growth, urban form, accessibility, and livability of our region whilst managing natural hazards and protecting and conserving our natural resources, environment, and heritage. The department’s plans, programs and initiatives are structured to meet the requirements of the Southeast Queensland Regional Plan and related State legislation, in addition to supporting local demands and needs.
This position, starting in the Neighbourhood and Precinct Planning team will provide planning expertise and support the delivery of the first neighbourhood plans for Moreton Bay. This is an exciting opportunity to plan for people at a localised level. We are a dynamic team with a strong focus on collaboration, creative ideas and problem solving for complex planning matters and genuinely using feedback from the community to shape future neighbourhoods.
Additionally, you will:
- undertake activities and projects, including conducting research and analysis and the preparation of reports and associated documents to achieve strategic and business outcomes
- support project-based community consultation including representing Council at a range of customer meetings, community, and business forums
- provide technical advice and respond to queries relating to strategic land use planning matters
- provide input into the development and implementation of key policy relating to the planning scheme, infrastructure planning, significant major projects and key placemaking activities
You will have knowledge and experience in strategic land use planning and development assessment practices, which have seen the successful delivery of moderate -to complex strategic land use planning projects at a localised level, and hold a Degree in Urban and Regional planning, or equivalent.
Additionally, you will have:
- knowledge and experience in applying relevant state and local government legislation including the Planning Act 2016, SEQ Regional Plan, Council planning schemes, local laws, and policies.
- well-developed time management skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate planning concepts and matters with members of the community and stakeholders
Position Description_Strategic Planner.pdf
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2,000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Caboolture office is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.