- Permanent Full Time
- $73,560 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 3 of the MBRC EBA4 Certified Agreement
- 9 day fortnight
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- Hybrid, flexible working environment, including some work from home days.
- Location: Strathpine
About our opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Support Officer to join our Major Venues branch at Strathpine!
Our Major Venues branch operates within the Community Services, Sport and Recreation Department and manages various recreational facilities and community assets across the Moreton Bay region. These facilities include aquatic centres, indoor sports centres and entertainment venues.
The Senior Business Support Officer role is essential in maintaining the smooth operation of these facilities by providing high-level administrative support to management and the broader team. This will include appropriate communication and escalation of matters or emerging issues and supporting the development of high-quality business documentation and reporting.
In addition, the Senior Business Support Officer is responsible for supporting the preparation and monitoring of the department’s annual operational budget, in consultation with leaders.
Additionally, you will:
- Oversee procurement activities, including the preparation of documentation, purchase order processing and contract reporting
- Research and report on a range of issues arising from resident/stakeholder enquiries and assist with formulating responses
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders that will increase the effectiveness of the department
- Support leaders to develop annual operational plans and undertake performance reporting
- Proactively undertake business process mapping and re-engineering to identify and optimise service improvement opportunities
We’re looking for a Senior Business Support Officer who has considerable experience providing high level administrative support, including the ability to prepare high-quality correspondence and business documentation.
You will have a comprehensive understanding of administration practices and demonstrated experience in business process mapping and identifying service improvement opportunities to optimise business processes.
Additionally, you will have:
- Well-developed time management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing the workload and priorities and meeting deadlines
- High level proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and the ability to develop proficiency with Council’s corporate systems
- Well-developed people and relationship management skills with the ability to work in a positive team environment communicating and engaging effectively at all levels
Community Services, Sport and Recreation department
This role sits within our Community Services, Sport and Recreation department which aims to collaborate with the community to support Vibrant lifestyles within the region. This is achieved through the delivery of various community focused services and the provision of an extensive suite of community, sport and recreational venues to the local community.
Please refer to the Senior Business Support Officer - Position Description for further information.
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.
*Applications will close midnight, Sunday 26 March 2023.