We are calling for Expressions of Interest from anyone keen to be considered for potential upcoming temporary administrative opportunities throughout the various locations and business units of our diverse organisation.
Temporary opportunities come up from time to time to back fill roles where team members are on extended leave, acting in another role, or due to increased short term demand or projects.
We anticipate the details will be...
- Maximum Term contracts - generally 3-12 months
- $35.83 per hour + super (up to 12%)
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 2 of the MBRC EBA4 Certified Agreement
- If full time: 9 day fortnight | 72.5 hour fortnight
- Location: role dependent but generally Strathpine, Caboolture or Petrie
The roles and requirements:
Whilst each role will have its own individual requirements, we will generally be seeking experienced administrative professionals with the ability to quickly gain knowledge and build quality working relationships.
Many of our roles will support the relevant business unit with financial processing tasks such as invoice processing and credit card reconciliations, preparing correspondence and reports, managing busy inboxes, and providing exceptional customer service and support to internal and external stakeholders.
Our main corporate systems we utilise are TechnologyOne and the Microsoft Suite, including MS Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint... so experience in these will be well regarded.
We are focused on delivering on our corporate values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Sustainability, and for all our roles are seeking people who resonate with these values.
The Recruitment Process
As this is an expression of interest, it is not always guaranteed there is a suitable role available at the time you submit your application.
Once a suitable role becomes available, your application will be assessed alongside the role requirements. If your application is progressed, you will be contacted by the talent acquisition team with an update and to confirm your interest.
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Strathpine and Caboolture offices have local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of these potential opportunities. You will also have the opportunity to submit a cover letter should you wish.
In the online application process we will also request a little more information about the types of roles you are interested in being considered for (eg. location, term, full time/ part time), your availability, system knowledge and skills. Should your preferences change simply log back in to your applicant account (Sign in), and click 'update your application'.
Applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process.
We will keep this Expression of Interest open on our website for applications until 30 June 2023.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.