Job Details - Crew Leader - Concrete
Projects & Asset Srvcs
- Permanent Full Time
- $63,924 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading - please note, progression in remuneration (up to Level 8 - $67,708 pa + super) is available for this position upon meeting performance and training requirements outlined in a structured crew leader framework.
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream B) - Level 6 of the MBRC EBA4 Certified Agreement
- 9 day fortnight
- 76 hour fortnight
- Location: Deception Bay & Burpengary - 2 positions available. Please note, our Burpengary team will be moving to a brand new depot based in Narangba later in 2023!
About our opportunity
Your responsibilities will include undertaking direction from your line supervisor in the allocation and delivery of assigned maintenance by leading and working with an operational staff to deliver quality maintenance outcomes, identifying and allocating relevant resourcing and materials required to undertake tasks defined by the supervisor to perform structural and operational maintenance of concrete infrastructure assets as well as identifying defects on concrete infrastructure assets and providing solutions to address risks.
You will also be required to develop and review plans and maintenance schedules and maintain associated records, engage with internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner and lead the work team while ensuring that all plant and equipment is properly maintained.
To be successful in this role you must have demonstrated experience in concrete works - including the ability to place, level and finish concrete of various types such as exposed aggregate, stamped and stencilled, experience leading a small work crew and ability to undertake a range of administrative activities appropriate in the relevance of this position.
Additionally you will hold a current MR class driver's license, a Construction Induction Card and you will either currently have a high risk work dogging (DG) license and a current traffic management implementation license or willing to obtain both within 6 months of commencement. Holding a Certificate III in Civil Construction or another relevant field is desirable and will be mandatory in order to progress through the crew leader framework.
Click here for Position Description
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a physical and hearing assessment with an independent professional nominated by MBRC as part of the recruitment process for this role as well as a National Police History Check.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend