- Permanent Full Time
- From $76,873pa up to $95,090pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 3 up to Level 5 of EBA5
The appointed wage level will be dependent upon the successful candidate’s level of experience, skills, and qualifications.
- 9-day fortnight
- 72.5-hour fortnight
- Hybrid, flexible working environment, including some work from home days.
- Location: Strathpine/Caboolture
Building Compliance is part of Building and Plumbing Services in our Development Services team, which is committed to shaping a better Moreton Bay by assessing and managing the effects of development on the community and environment, working in partnership with the development industry to design and construct infrastructure for the community as well as levying and recovering infrastructure charges to fund new and upgraded major community infrastructure.
With that commitment, we focus on delivering on our corporate values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Sustainability, and we are seeking people who resonate with these values.
Building and Development Compliance
The Building and Development Compliance team undertake activities to ensure compliance with State and Local Government interests, including the Moreton Bay Regional Council Planning Scheme. These activities also involve other statutory functions, including ensuring Building Work is undertaken in compliance with the building assessment provisions with a focus on Community Safety.
About the opportunity:
Similar to the Development Compliance Officer role, as our Building Compliance Officer, you will provide technical advice and undertake investigations into building and development compliance matters in accordance with legislative and public health and safety requirements. You will seek to assist in educating and informing our community by building strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
In addition, you’ll:
- Provide support to Building Certifiers in the undertaking of low complexity building inspections to ensure technical compliance with Queensland legislation and issuing final certifications.
- Provide support to Building Certifiers in the issuing of statutory approvals in accordance with the relevant legislative, policy and business requirements.
- Provide technical advice to key stakeholders on routine building compliance matters.
- Resolve escalated customer and procedural issues ensuring that quality service and compliance outcomes are achieved
- Conduct investigations of compliance matters or concerns and take enforcement action where required.
- Contribute to the development of building and development compliance processes and procedures.
- Prepare high-quality technical reports, correspondence, and content for procedures to support the building approval and compliance process.
- Contribute to a positive team environment to achieve high performance, continuous improvement and customer-focused culture.
- Engage proactively with key stakeholders to ensure quality service outcomes are achieved.
We are seeking someone who has advanced knowledge and experience in the delivery of building and development compliance services, preferably in local government. You will have strong interpersonal, consultative, negotiation and mediation skills with an ability to formulate high-level written reports which are succinct, factual, and clear.
You will have:
- Sound knowledge and experience in the delivery of building and development compliance services, preferably in local government.
- Sound knowledge in the principles and practices relating to investigation and compliance activities relating to building and development matters.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the planning, building and development legislation in Queensland.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the State Planning Policy, the SEQ Regional Plan, the Planning Scheme, and the Adopted
- Infrastructure Charge Resolution.
- Well-developed time management skills and the ability to manage high volume workloads, conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Well-developed communication skills to meet the needs of a range of internal and external stakeholders with the ability to work in a positive team environment, communicating and engaging effectively at all levels.
Due to the varying complexity and scope of work required to be performed by a Building Compliance Officer, this position has been approved as a broad-banded position. The intention is to allow the department to appoint team members at an appropriate Level based on their professional experience in comparison to the complexity of the tasks they will manage.
These vacancies have been advertised from Level 3 to Level 5. Successful candidates will be appointed to Levels based on their demonstrated skills and experience commensurate with this framework.
Position Description_Building Compliance Officer.pdf
Building Compliance officer - Broad Banding Framework.pdf
Why join the City of Moreton Bay Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Our Caboolture office is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about the City of Moreton Bay and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.