- Permanent Full Time
- $98,435pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 6 of EBA5
- 9-day fortnight
- 72.5-hour fortnight
- Hybrid, flexible working environment, including some work from home days.
- Location: Strathpine
About our opportunity
As a Privacy Officer and member of the Governance & Executive Services department you will support strategic privacy principles, mission, and values. You will be the first point of contact for privacy matters, requiring a high degree of judgement, confidentiality, and the ability to interpret relevant legislation, in particular the Information Privacy Act 2009. You will engage with a range of organisational stakeholders both internally and externally and contribute to a positive team environment to achieve a high performance, continuous improvement, and customer focused culture.
In addition, you’ll assist to:
- develop and implement strong systems, frameworks, and protocols relating to the management of privacy within Council
- develop and conduct privacy training and awareness (including targeted training for key areas)
- prepare internal and external reporting obligations relating to privacy
- manage the investigation of privacy complaints submitted to Council (in conjunction with Council’s legal department)
We are seeking someone with excellent communication skills who thrives in building high level and trusted working relationships with our stakeholders, members of the public, representatives from other Local and State government agencies, and Council officers.
You will have excellent knowledge and application of the Information Privacy Act 2009 and related regulations and demonstrated experience in privacy, personal information management, data protection, privacy law, security, risk management, information management, auditing and/or compliance.
You will have the ability to lead and manage new initiatives and change with a collaborative approach. You will have highly developed time management skills to effectively manage conflicting priorities and meet statutory timeframes.
No mandatory qualifications are required to undertake this position, however demonstrated relevant experience in relation to managing privacy matters, familiarity with interpreting legislation including the Information Privacy Act 2009, and following policies and procedures is essential.
Position Description_Privacy Officer.pdf
Why join the City of Moreton Bay Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2,000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about the City of Moreton Bay and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.