- Permanent Full Time
- $113,208pa + super (up to 12%) - note this rate is inclusive of a 4.27% supervisors allowance
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 7 of EBA5
- 9 day fortnight
- 76 hour fortnight
- Location: Caboolture
About our opportunity
This is a BRAND NEW role leading Engagement and Patrols Unit, and developing and implementing of strategies and programs to support community amenity and safety across our city!
As our Engagement & Patrols Coordinator, you'll be focused on the strategic direction of the unit and developing business plans, managing change, risk and compliance and optimising resources to achieve quality service outcomes. You'll be a community compliance minded leader, delivering contemporary materials and education programs, and developing collaborative relationships with community members and partners.
You'll also be:
- Developing and implementing procedures, processes and operational reporting
- Leading the team to develop capability and foster a high-performance team culture
- Appearing as a witness representing Council at Court, Tribunals and other hearings as required.
This position is required to participate in Council’s ‘After Hours On-Call’ Service.
We are seeking a people leader with experience in a compliance/regulatory environment.
You will bring your experience in interpreting and applying legislation including Local Laws and State Legislation, excellent interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships, strong customer service skills and ability to consult and negotiate, as well as great analytical, research and problem solving skills.
A bachelor's degree in business and/or demonstrated experience in Local Law/Local Government or regulatory workplace is required. A current C Class driver's licence is also required.
We are focused on delivering on our corporate values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Sustainability - we are seeking people who resonate with these values.
Click here for the Position Description
Why join the City of Moreton Bay Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Caboolture office is in close proximity to public transport networks.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applications close 2 October 2023.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the City of Moreton Bay and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.