Qld Local Government Industry Award -Level 2
Morayfield Sports and Events Centre
- $28.14 per hour
- up to 9.5% superannuation
- The position is casual, you must be available to work nights and weekends (7-days per week venue)
- Throughout the application process you will be asked to indicate what days/hours you are available
Moreton Bay Regional Council
Australia's third largest local government, conveniently located between the Brisbane CBD and the Sunshine Coast. The Moreton Bay Region is a diverse area, spanning more than 2000 square kilometres and boasting everything from rural townships to urban centres, coastal villages and thriving business precincts – We've Got It All.
Moreton Bay Regional Council employs more than 1700 staff dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 425,000 residents. With your skills, join council's team and help make a difference to one of South-East Queensland's fastest growing urban areas.
The Property Services Department
Manages the Council’s commercial property portfolio and Regional Leisure Venues. The department seeks to maximise commercial returns to the Council through the acquisition, leasing, and disposal of properties, and management of assets including Aerodromes, public swimming pools, the Queensland State Equestrian Centre, Redcliffe Entertainment Centre, Morayfield Sport and Events Centre, and caravan parks. The Department employs approximately 65 positions and manages an annual operational budget of approximately $21M, with revenues in excess of $10m.
As a Centre Services Attendant you will assist with the daily operations of the venue including opening and closing procedures for the venue, reception, box office, ushering, set-up and pack down of equipment and rooms for hirers, replenishment of consumables and cleaning. Other responsibilities will include assisting with hospitality and catering services including the preparation and service of food and beverage, in compliance with food and liquor license obligations. Whilst also providing customers with excellent customer service by providing a friendly and accessible point of contact across all facets of venue front of house.
We’re looking to leverage your:
- Excellent barista skills
- Previous experience in front of house and back of house café operations
- Previous experience with responsible service of alcohol and food safety
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Positive attitude, well mannered and well presented
- Experience working in catering and/or events would be beneficial
You'll have or be willing to obtain:
- Current Qld RSA - Responsible Service of Alcohol certification
- Current Blue Card - Working with Children Children Check
- Current First Aid & CPR
Click here for Role Description
This role with Council offers excellent working conditions and supports ongoing training and professional development to ensure our staff remain leaders in their field.
Council’s work locations have local parking.
Please note that whilst the current work location for this position is specified above, staff may be required to transfer to any of council's work locations with notice. Council currently has administration offices located at Caboolture, Strathpine and Redcliffe as well as depots, libraries and a range of other facilities located throughout the region.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
To obtain further details please contact council's Careers team at email@example.com