The Moreton Bay Region is a diverse area, spanning more than 2000 square kilometres and boasting everything from rural townships to urban centres, coastal villages and thriving business precincts – We've Got It All.
Moreton Bay Regional Council employs more than 1700 staff dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 470,000 residents. With your skills, join council's team and help make a difference to one of South-East Queensland's fastest growing urban areas.
About the Opportunity:
Be a part of the new direction for economic development of the Moreton Bay Region and drive a Bigger, Bolder, Brighter future for the local residents over the next 20 years. As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing, Moreton Bay Region boasts a regional economy of $17 billion with our strategy set to grow this to $40 billion by 2041, with 16,000 new businesses and 100,000 new jobs.
Our Principal Investment Leads will support in the delivery of Council’s economic development priorities with an investment focus as outlined in the Regional Economic Development Scheme (REDS). You will promote investment opportunities to industry, respond to enquiries, and assist potential investors from business case development to close.
You’ll work closely with the wider team to provide access to critical data, industry information, expertise and coordination of cross government engagement to actively support potential investors and assist them as they establish in the region. This role will require you to maintain a contemporary understanding of the economic climate, investment market conditions and regulatory environment for business to provide advice to stakeholders on investment decisions. You’ll also:
- Research and develop strategies and position papers to guide economic development (investment) activities, business retention and expansion of existing industry/players leading to increased local economic output and employment
- Assist with the identification of investment opportunities/leads and provide advice on suitable programs to secure and support investors, including the negotiation of business incentives
- Develop and implement major investment project plans and manage the execution of projects across a wide range of marketing and promotional activities
- Represent the Economic Development Department and Council in a range of internal and external forums and meetings, as required
You’ll possess an innate ability network effectively within the community and build meaningful connections with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Your superior communication skills will enable you to liaise and consult, as well as provide complex written material to stakeholders, across a variety of matters ensuring messages are clear. You will have exceptional time management skills, which will assist you in your ability to manage and implement project plans to facilitate investment outcomes.
In addition, you will bring:
- Recognised undergraduate degree, or postgraduate qualification in finance, economics, property management, business management or other relevant discipline, or extensive relative experience in a similar role or environment
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain productive relationships with industry groups
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, researching and developing major investment projects and/or opportunities
- Demonstrated skills in collection, analysis and management of data to inform regional economic development/investment attraction activities
Please note, occasional travel throughout Queensland and interstate each month and work outside normal hours will be required.
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award Stream A - Level 7 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Package: $98,172 base salary pa, 9 day fortnight, up to 12% superannuation, leave loading, 72.5 hour fortnight & 4 weeks annual leave
Please note that whilst the current work location for this position is specified above, staff may be required to transfer to any of council's work locations with notice. Council currently has administration offices located at Caboolture, Strathpine and Redcliffe as well as depots, libraries and a range of other facilities located throughout the region.
How To Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload a copy of your current resume and a cover letter (maximum 1 page).
Click here to view Role Description
We will be hosting an informative webinar on Thursday 22nd October 2020, to register your interest visit: www.mbrc.qld.gov.au/ed-webinar
To review our Draft Regional Economic Development Strategy visit: https://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/Services/Projects/Regional-Economic-Development-Strategy
To obtain further details please contact council's Careers team at email@example.com
Applications close 10 NOVEMBER 2020