As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1800 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 425,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
About the role
Sitting within our People, Culture & Safety Team, our Safety Business Partners collaborate with our organisation to contribute to the development and continuous improvement of a proactive safety culture across Council. Purposed to promote the safety and well being of all team members through workplace health and safety (WHS) policy, procedures, training and development and continuous improvement practices, as Safety Business Partner you will provide client focused WHS advice, guidance, services and support to managers and teams.
You will coach leaders at all levels to provide consistent safety leadership and will partner with them to understand the key safety risks within their divisions. Developing strong relationships with our Leaders and team members, you will drive safety initiatives and support the transformation of our culture and approach to safety.
As Safety Business Partner you will perform incident investigations, incident management and investigation processes by reviewing incident reports and managing incident workflows. You’ll also have accountability for:
- Providing appropriate advice and guidance to operational teams on further actions and investigations as required, while ensuring a seamless interface for the workforce, external contractors and members of the public.
- Assist work teams in the development and implementation of WHS standards, safe work method statements, safe work operating procedures and other relevant safety documentation.
- Support continuous improvement in the business performance of WHS and effectively contribute to raising awareness to reduce workplace incidents and injuries.
We’re looking for team player that loves to partner, coach and inspire others to role model best practice safety initiatives and has experience within complex environments in doing this. Leveraging your ability to build positive relationships across all levels within an organisation, stakeholder management expertise will be a must along with your ability to provide clear and timely advice.
With astute attention to detail, we’re looking for an experienced investigator, who can apply their incident investigations experience across a range of industries to our environment whilst providing support to our Leaders. Your experience in understanding the safety complexities within a variety of environments and building positive relationships will be key.
You’ll also require:
- Tertiary qualification in Work, Health and Safety, with a minimum Certificate IV Work Health and Safety or other relevant Health and Safety qualification essential.
- Current knowledge and understanding of all legislative requirements under Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011. Ability to interpret legislation, provide advice and enact the Act.
- Construction Induction Card or willing to obtain.
- Experience in delivering WHS training packages.
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A)- Level 5
- $82,484 pa + Super + Leave Loading
- 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Please Click here for Role Description
To obtain further details please reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org