As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1800 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Integrated Transport Planning and Design
The position sits within the Integrated Transport Planning and Design department. The primary focus of this department is to plan, manage and design the region's integrated transport network consistent with Council's corporate strategic vision, policies and strategies.
About the Opportunity:
As our Traffic Engineer you will, provide specialist technical advice and support relating to transport planning and design solutions that are context sensitive and consistent with Complete Streets principles. Our role offers great variety of work with opportunity to spend time in office, out on site and engaging with our community.
In addition, you will:
- monitor and manage customer service requests from initiation through to completion to ensure that targets and key performance indicators are met
- respond to allocated customer service requests in a timely manner ensuring that customer responses are well drafted and consistent with good community outcomes
- develop capability and drive innovation within the team by introducing new ideas towards the principles of place making, the development of quality solutions that integrate transport, water sensitive design, street-scaping and urban design outcomes within the public realm and which interface with private spaces and are consistent with Complete Streets principles
- research, resolve and manage specific, strategic or unusual complexities relating to traffic engineering investigations issues
- provide input into the development of annual capital works budgets using a prioritised and staged approach to the delivery of integrated transport outcomes and the development, coordination and oversight of capital works programs
- contribute to a positive team environment in order to achieve a high performance, continuous improvement and customer focused culture
- building strong relationships with key stakeholders including Council’s elected members to ensure a service deliverable and best value integrated transport outcomes are achieved in line with Council’s long term strategic vision.
We are seeking someone who has knowledge and experience in traffic planning and design with demonstrated knowledge of Australian Road Rules, Austroads’ technical guides and awareness of Australian Standards pertaining to traffic engineering. You will hold a degree in traffic engineering, civil engineering or other relevant field recognised by Engineers Australia.
You will have:
- investigative, analytical and research skills with the ability to adapt solutions to changing political environments whilst maintaining a strong customer focus consistent with strategic outcomes
- experience in providing technical advice in relation to integrated transport, infrastructure and land use solutions
- strong time management skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- experience in the preparation of detailed reports and presentations that are succinct and easy to interpret by both technical and non-technical audiences
- strong people and relationship management skills with the ability to work in a positive team environment communicating and engaging effectively at all levels.
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
Please note that whilst the current work location for this position is specified above, staff may be required to transfer to any of council's work locations with notice. Council currently has administration offices located at Caboolture, Strathpine and Redcliffe as well as depots, libraries and a range of other facilities located throughout the region.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Please Click here for Role Description
To obtain further details please contact our Onboarding Team firstname.lastname@example.org