As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1900 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
About our opportunity
As the Senior Project Officer (Economic Intelligence) you will play a key role in supporting the Economic Intelligence Manager in delivering Council’s economic development agenda through evidence-based decision-making.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape economic development in our region with your proven high level research and data analysis skills. In this role you will be an integral internal resource across Council in the provision of economic development intelligence, advice and support. You'll:
- Assess and manage day to day Council service level agreements/ contracts and commitments, ensuring appropriate return on investment (ROI).
- Assist and support with developing appropriate evidence-based business cases.
- Undertake independent research and analysis projects that deliver quality economic insights for chambers of commerce and industry groups.
- Establish and monitor systems, data/record management processes and reporting including effective use of CRMs to manage programs.
- Assist with engagement of internal and external stakeholders including local businesses in the delivery of the REDS action plan and the regional economic development grants program.
Be a part of the new direction for economic development of the Moreton Bay Region and drive a Bigger, Bolder, Brighter future for the local residents over the next 20 years. As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing, Moreton Bay Region boasts a regional economy of $17 billion with our strategy set to grow this to $40 billion by 2041, with 16,000 new businesses and 100,000 new jobs.
To review our Regional Economic Development Strategy click here.
We are seeking a strong analytical mind with a keen interest in Economic Development ready for the next challenge!
You will be a natural problem-solver with the ability to diagnose and initiate solutions, and be experienced in evaluating data and tracking and monitoring the economic impact.
With your strong business acumen, you will in well adept in preparing quality, professional business communications such as reports, presentations and project, planning and policy documents.
Your highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to communicate persuasively, engage in active listening, consult with a wide range of people at all levels of the Council, foster collaboration and cooperation, and facilitate small work groups will quickly make you a valuble member of our team.
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 5 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
- $84,340pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
Click here for Position Description
This role's official title is Senior Project Officer.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.