As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Customer Response Department
This role sits within our Customer Response Department which is made up of the Local Laws, Public Health and Permits and Customer Services streams. Customer Response provides front line service delivery and aims to provide a high standard of positive and proactive service experiences.
About our opportunity
As our Senior Business Support Officer you will provide high level administrative support within the department, to ensure appropriate communication and escalation of matters or emerging issues, where required, and monitor and process incoming and outgoing communications.
A key part of your role will be required to reconcile and monitor the department’s budget, operational plan, corporate performance and financial reporting as required.
Additionally you will:
- Oversee the department’s procurement function, raise purchase orders, process invoices and provide information and routine advice to management and key staff as required.
- Enhance service provision by proactively identifying workplace improvement opportunities and collaborating with key stakeholders to develop and review processes, directives and work instructions.
- Contribute to a positive team environment in order to achieve a high performance, continuous improvement and customer focused culture.
We’re looking for a senior support officer who has considerable experience providing high level administrative support, including the preparation of high-quality correspondence and documentation.
You will have a comprehensive knowledge of administration practices, including financial and procurement functions and activities.
Additionally you will have:
- Well-developed organisational skills to work autonomously and undertake business process reviews and escalate issues.
- Well-developed time management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing the workload and priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- High level proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and the ability to develop proficiency with Council’s corporate systems.
- Well-developed people and relationship management skills with the ability to work in a positive team environment communicating and engaging effectively at all levels.
Role: Senior Business Support Officer
Term: Permanent Full Time
Location: Caboolture Administration Building, 2 Hasking St, Caboolture Q 4510
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 3 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Remuneration: $71, 073 + Super + Leave Loading + 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Our Caboolture office is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
Please refer to the Senior Business Support Officer Position Description for further information.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.