As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
This role is working within the Public Safety team, under the Emergency Management department of the Project and Asset Services division within Moreton Bay Regional Council.
You will develop deployment plans and safety assessment for portable CCTV units, support the deployment and relocation of poles, and process and track requests for footage and access to Council’s CCTV system.
In addition, you will:
- Undertake procurement tasks and liaise with contractors and internal stakeholders to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Configure and maintain cameras and system access registers including monitoring and configuration of analytics software and preparation of dashboards.
- Process and track requests for footage and access to Council's CCTV systems in accordance with Privacy Principles.
- Conduct and prepare security risk assessments and public safety actions plans.
- Support the registration and update of assets to ensue compliance with the corporate policy.
- Assist with the development and implementation of CCTV systems, operational procedures and processes.
- Process budget-related transactions, including preparing purchase orders, receiving goods/services, expense reports, outstanding purchase orders/invoices, error identification and preparing direct payments and invoice requests.
- Engage proactively with key stakeholders including government agencies, community sector organisations, internal business units and networks to identify needs and develop collaborative strategies in response to community public safety concerns.
- Fulfil duties in Council's Local Disaster Coordination Centre.
We are seeking someone passionate about public safety, and has the ability to view, process and report on footage, images or matters which may be distressing in a discrete and professional manner.
With your ability to synthesise facts, conduct analysis, interpret and evaluate relevant data, combined with a working knowledge of monitoring, quality and assessment systems and procedures, you will quickly become a valuable member of our team.
You will be experienced in preparing business correspondence, have the aptitude to quickly gain an understanding of IT business solutions, and have strong time management skills to effectively prioritise those competing priorities.
To be successful in this role you must possess a C class driver's license. A Dogman license is highly regarded, or willingness to undertake training to obtain certification.
This role with Council offers excellent working conditions, generous employer funded superannuation benefits (up to 12%) and a 9 day fortnight in addition to four weeks paid annual leave per year.
Council’s office locations have local parking on-site and are in close proximity to public transport networks.
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 3 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Remuneration: $73, 560 pa + super (72.5 hour fortnight)
- Current permanent MBRC employees are welcome to apply to be considered for this role and if successful will maintain their permanent tenure.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check with an independent professional nominated by MBRC as part of the recruitment process for this role
- Applicants maybe required to participate in the on-call roster.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role (optional)
Applications close 11:55pm Monday 22nd August 2022
Click here for Position Description
If you require further information, please contact council's Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org