Term: Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream B) - Level 5 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
incremental increases will occur with time spent in the position or completion of agreed number of training competencies (whichever comes first)
- $45,021 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
- Please note - junior rates apply for applicants under 21 years of age - remuneration starting from $40,819 pa + super
- 76 hour fortnight
- 9 day fortnight
About our opportunity
Do you love the outdoors and love using your hands to create, work and produce outcomes? Our Civil Construction Traineeship which will see you finish your Certificate II in Civil Construction within 12 months of commencing, your responsibilities will include undertaking the requirements of the training program whilst participating a range of construction and maintenance duties as directed. You will perform general labouring tasks and maintain good working relations with team members and the public.
Our Civil Construction team undertake a range of duties on road and drainage works which may include levelling, pavement grade checking, basic concrete formwork/placement/finishing, signage and the laying of pipes and pits. Our team carry out labouring duties on civil construction and maintenance projects within our region, contributing and maintaining the communities transport infrastructure.
You will hold a current driver's licence, either have or be willing to obtain a Construction Induction Card and you will have the ability to undertake manual tasks in a safe manner and with minimal supervision, excellent interpersonal skills to be a positive member of the team, and a genuine interest to work and learn more about this field.
- Able to meet citizen, residency and visa requirements to undertake a Traineeship.
- Our team are positive values led people, who love collaborating, so you’ll need to be a team player.
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our mates and construction program.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a physical and hearing assessment with an independent professional nominated by MBRC as part of the recruitment process for this role as well as a National Police History Check.
Applications close 11:59pm Monday 3rd October 2022
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.