Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award - Level 5 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
- $87,291 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
- 72.5 hours per fortnight
- 9 day fortnight
Our team is focused on delivering innovative and quality solutions that integrate community needs including road safety, transport efficiency, water sensitive design, streetscaping, urban design and green infrastructure outcomes.
About our opportunity
As a Project Officer, you will provide technical advice and project support into the planning, design and delivery of transport infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to work on projects that provide a direct and tangible benefit the community.
You'll undertake site investigations, develop and prepare concept plans for transport infrastructure, plan and manage capital works programs, respond to customer service requests, and prepare and present complex strategic and technical reports on road safety and transport issues.
We are seeking someone experienced in traffic engineering, planning and design ready for their next challenge!
In addition to a relevant degree qualification, you will have a working knowledge of Australian Standards and design guidelines relevant to the design of transport and public realm infrastructure.
With your strong communication skills and attention to detail, you will be adept at writing and presenting succinct technical reports and correspondence that is easy to interpret by both technical and non-technical audiences.
Your experience in providing advice on integrated transport infrastructure, paired with keen analytical and research skills, will quickly make you a valuable member of our team.
Join our team and work on projects that really benefit the community!
Role Description - Project Officer Transport Infrastructure.pdf
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.